• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 6,520

baudhayan

Regulars
ISP
Hathway 50 Mbps+ Vodafone 3G
Please see this mail below from Broadband Admin Support, MTNL Mumbai:-

********************************************************************************

Dear Broadband Customer,

To further improve the security of Broadband connection, MTNL has introduced an additional level of verification in the Broadband Network. The "Port Binding" feature provides additional security and is executed automatically during the connection establishment phase. This feature BINDS the Broadband Account "Username" to a particular Broadband port in the Exchange which will result in usage of your account only from your location.

As an example case, if the Username is "24294444" and this telephone line is connected to Broadband Port No. 12 at MTNL exchange then with the "Port Binding Feature" enabled, Username "24294444" shall be able to connect only from Port 12, i.e. the Username gets binded to the port. This Username shall not work from any other Broadband Port which shall avoid any misuse of Broadband Connection from other location.

This is in addition to the basic password* security available and this feature is being introduced progressively for all the users. After "Port Binding" is enabled for a particular "Username" the same "Username" shall not work from any other Broadband connection of MTNL.

For further details and clarifications please e-mail to macid@mtnl.net.in.

* Please keep changing your passwords at regular intervals. For password changing procedure please use the following link http://register.mtnl.net.in/changepassword.html.

Broadband Admin Support
MTNL Mumbai.

********************************************************************************

So now gradually forget using some else's TriBand account from your home & believe me it is perfectly working.

Damn the few smart guys in MTNL...

Well thats definitely bad news for Triband NU ppl.But there could be a positive side to it also...they might be planning to introduce Unlimited plans and taken this step as a measure to prevent misuse of unlimited connections!

but what if some prob. with port occurs? user cannot use net till rectify the prob.?

U call them up and get the port reset.Hope they sleep over this and take ages to introduce it..just like they do with new plans.This could threaten GH too..

This happened becoz they might had noticed high traffic load due to GH. Which mostly happen in mumbai thus only introduced only in mumbai and port binding would never be introduced in delhi.(finger crossed)Also did anyone confirmed it with CC aunties.

What if someone manages to get the port number??EASIEST WAY WOULD BE CLIP ..... Untill then all security sucks!

U've got it wrong mr. wolverine port is something which sits on the DSLAM. Even if u know the port number to which somebody else's line is connected u can do nothing with it coz his line is bound to it and it will be accessible only with his username which in MTNL's case is the telephone no. so it is a kind of caller-id

QUOTE(muttster` @ Jul 15 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]55796[/snapback]
GH is dead.atleast in mumbai :angry:
[/b]

Atleast in Mumbai, where else did we have GH?

We never had GH in delhi, wat gavnit mentioned abt last day of month was insignificant and for most, infact almost all users of delhi there was practically no GH, ever.

Got it now thanks man,Ok finally mtnl decided to empty the Rocks in there Brains!Implementation will take time, WE know the speed of this sarkari mamu's ....They could have Prevented my 15000 Bill the very first month of my ADSL bill 😛 lolsAnyway i won the case and paid R.s 590 😱

My Phone just shifted from Lower Parel to Kandivali & Port Binding was the first thing I noticed. Believe me it is working atleast in my Exchange 🤔 ....not yet rolled out totally in Mumbai.