• Replies Replies 174
  • Views Views 49,578
Status
Not open for further replies.

pudu123

Regular
ISP
Airtel Xtreme 40Mbps
Hi,I posted this thread as sort of a marker for IPTV people whose speeds have got a free speed upgrade that is being promised to normal BB users from June.Currently I am on 1499 plan (512 kbps-day, 1 mbps-night)I am hoping that atleast my daytime speeds will be increased to 1 MBps from June.Other IPTV users who see the speed upgrade on their connections are requested to post on this thread so that I can know if the speed upgrade has begun for us IPTV users OR not! :O

1st of all, no way airtel is going to give u 1MBps,1mbps is more likelyand i am on the 256 kbps plan which has been doubled to 512 kbps...

i am not sure if airtel iptv would support 2mbps. the television stream gets glitchy if i download on 1 mbps using torrents with too many connections... what would happen at 2 mbps!

like I said in my first post, I hope they at-least increase the day speeds to 1 mbps.Anyone who notices speed bump is requested to post about this here so that I have some proof to harass the customer care guys by saying "Look other IPTV users have been upgraded. What about me?" 😀

you do know that they have not even announced any plans to upgrade our connection speeds. the speed upgrade is for broadband customers not IPTV customers.

hence this thread. just looking for IPTV users who have had got a free upgrade so I can ask Airtel to do the same for me.. 🙂I think it is unfair to NOT upgrade speeds of IPTV users as well. Aren't we providing them more revenue than BB users.about the 2 mbps speeds, I get the speeds when I use speed on demand. I have not checked how it impacts the IPTV, though.

the lines of course capable of higher speeds. i just don't get it why the television stream gets affected if i use a torrent client with too many connections. i end up seeing that red colored tower icon way too regularly. has happened on two totally different installations (previous place and current place) so i believe it is not because of wiring problems.

im using Airtel IPTV 1mpbs unlimited 1899 plan(with no FUP)...wanna knw if airtel would double speeds for IPTV customers or not...ny info??i jus called CC they said they are doubling speeds for broadband customers by 06 June 2010 and not fa IPTV users :frown: planning to wait till end of june or else shift to MTNL (no FUP) next best alternative after airtel...

i had emailed the airtel folks about the iptv packages. the response was that it would be upgraded eventually but broadband customers are getting first. so if you can wait for a while after June, it should be a done deal. airtel has a lot of stuff to do after the upgrade... they need to do something about the folks who are on 2mbps ul. they have to do something about folks who are on different day night speed plans.

for the Magic@Home Value(999) plan, the speeds have been doubled(512 till 5GB, then 256), even officially on the website

what are you talking about?

Digital TV from Airtel

Monthly Charges Rs 999/-
Number of TV Channels 139
Broadband Speed 512 Kbps
Free broadband data transfer Limit Unlimited
Rate of additional usage NA
Fixed Line Included
Activation charges* with Wifi Rs. 1750/-
Activation Charges* without Wifi Rs 1750/-

they do have it but its not enforced yet, have been downloading in excess of 2GB per day(an getting 80+ speeds on HTTP downloads) though speed tests and torrents seem to be limited to 520 or so.Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that my connection sees only about 3GB/month for 8 month a year...

exactly i am pretty sure i do more than 100GB a month. since the day i got this connection. never faced FUP. i guess they just keep it for safety's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.