How To Use Triband Internet Connection Without Dhcp Server On.

• Thread starter Thread starter broadfast
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,123

broadfast

ISP
Triband 849NU
Hello.! I have a Pacenet 35 kbps connection which enables me to be on the Thane local network. I use static ip to connect to other people on the network and share files, use DC++ etc. etc... Triband's D-Link ADSL Router uses DHCP with ICS to distribute LAN ip addresses to the clients connected to it. As my PC is the only client connected to the router, I need not use DHCP and must be able to assign static LAN ip to my computer. If am able to do so, i can connect to internet through Triband USB and at the same time be on the Thane LAN and use DC++. Does anyone know how to disable the DHCP server option and use Triband with static ip..? Waiting for a reply.Regards Prasanna.

Just log into webinterface of ur modem goto "Home" >> DHCP & click "No DHCP" click apply at bottom of page then goto tools >> System >> click save & reboot. Let modem reboot and assign static IP to ur lan card

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Jul 14 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]55732[/snapback]
Just log into webinterface of ur modem goto "Home" >> DHCP & click "No DHCP" click apply at bottom of page then goto tools >> System >> click save & reboot. Let modem reboot and assign static IP to ur lan card
[/b]

Hi.

I tried this thing.

Even if I select the 'DHCP Server off' - Option and restart the router, the settings do not apply. The router starts and assigns dynamic LAN ip (192.168.1.2) again. So I cannot assign a static ip to my LAN card.

If anyone has any update on this subject, kindly reply..

Regards Prasanna.

do u click appy at bottom of page and then reboot the modem?If it doesnt work this way it could be a firmware prob. coz there is no other way