Has anyone faced installation issues with Videocon D2H?

illusionist

ISP
5net
Here's my experience with videocon is going sour in two days of my purchase.I purchased satellite DVD 5002, from a dealer in Vashi Navi Mumbai on Sunday the 16th May. I called up the CC and scheduled a installation to be done on 19th May. To my surprise on Monday 17th, recieved a SMS informing that the Work Order is cancelled. Called up the CC and was informed that there is no signal in my area (Kharghar Navi Mumbai). I asked the CC to send an engineer for installation and then tell if it is a signal issue or not. CC then again scheduled a installation to be done on 20th May. After half an hour I again recieved a SMS informing that WO is cancelled. I recieved a call from one of the D2H engineers informing that it is a local cable issue and they will not install D2H in my area. This engineer asks me to go to the dealer and sort out the matter. While purchasing dealer had informed that once we buy the product,we need to get in touch with CC and get the installation done. I called up CC today morning 18th May and they inform that I will have to go to the dealer and return the product.My Question is1) Without visiting the site, how come the installation is cancelled as signal issues. There is no answer from Videocon on this.2) In videocon D2H advts they are selling the product in my area (Kharghar Navi Mumbai) if there is a signal issue in kharghar, then on what grounds is Videocon Selling the D2H products.3) Is the Dealer going to return the complete amount or will he deduct some as i had opened the box.4) When asked the Engineer if he will provide the Dish and LNB so that I can install it, he informed that he will not be able to provide that too.I have come accross such Coward engineers for the first time.I have lost trust and curse myself for buying Videocon D2HVideocon being a MNC is fearing the Local Cable wallahs and not installing

Just returned the Videocon D2H Satellite DVD 5002 to the dealer.Will not go again for any videocon products.

I just bought a d2h myself and the dealer asked me to call Customer Care for the installation. However, I had no issues since the engineer came sooner than the time he had given and everything got done within an hour. I have used Videocon products before, which is why I went for their DTH. I have had no problems with my service as yet. I think they probably cancelled your w.o. because Videocon had signal issues in your area. But if, as you have stated, they are advertising in your area, they will probably start services again, after they have sorted out their signal issues. I'm sure they didn't want you to go through all the trouble of getting it installed if there was a service issue. I'd say wait for a bit, if you can, before giving up on d2h completely. After all, when it is fully functional, it is a good service provider.