• Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 10,937
Status
Not open for further replies.

katpasin

Rookie
ISP
Reliance Broaband
guys, the new reliance plans have been now made available throughout India and the same has been updated on their website too.

You can call the call center and ask them to migrate you to new plans. They say it should be done in 48hrs.

Rs499 - 300kbps + 50 free calls
Rs649 - 600kbps + 50 free calls
Rs749 - 600kbps day/ 1Mbps night + 50 free calls

thses are only combo plansall the other plans are the same

what if I dont use there phone? I mean I have disconnected there land line connection.

what if I dont use there phone? I mean I have disconnected there land line connection.

LOL.....................i think they give you the reduced prices if you take the combo plan but if then you don't use the phone you still pay the same.

their 1mbps is at rs.1099 with combo but 1mbps+2mbps night at rs.1599.

only if they had multi-user,i was going to buy theirs

LOL.....................i think they give you the reduced prices if you take the combo plan but if then you don't use the phone you still pay the same.

Now i changed to tis plan...Evn i dont use phone connection but d happy news is tat i hve been charged Rs.450 per month plus 10% tax....So tis s d best plan in reliance...Enjoy.....

Yeah, that happened to me at McDonalds once. I had a coke already so I asked if I could have a combo without the coke. They said ok (after checking with the manager), but it still cost the same. D'oh.

Anyway, all anyone needs to make any "single user" broadband connection in to a multi-user one is a proper broadband router: just connect the devices in serial:
Internet (DSL/Cable/FTTH/Wimax/whatever)
to ISP supplied CPE
to your router (purchased separately) via a single ethernet cable
to your PCs, XBox, PS3 etc.

The Linksys WRT54G series router has been a popular choice for a while in many countries. It doesn't matter which ISP you're with or what CPE they give you, this sort of configuration will always work - the only thing that may be required is a small configuration change when you switch ISP.

Yeah, that happened to me at McDonalds once. I had a coke already so I asked if I could have a combo without the coke. They said ok (after checking with the manager), but it still cost the same. D'oh.

Anyway, all anyone needs to make any "single user" broadband connection in to a multi-user one is a proper broadband router: just connect the devices in serial:
Internet (DSL/Cable/FTTH/Wimax/whatever)
to ISP supplied CPE
to your router (purchased separately) via a single ethernet cable
to your PCs, XBox, PS3 etc.

The Linksys WRT54G series router has been a popular choice for a while in many countries. It doesn't matter which ISP you're with or what CPE they give you, this sort of configuration will always work - the only thing that may be required is a small configuration change when you switch ISP.

I have been wanting to google about these routers which act like mini-pc and help share net to other PC's

normal routers won't be able to do it because of the dialup,normal routers want username or ip adress which these don't apply to plus reliance keeps logging off the user so it will be difficult for the router

I have been wanting to google about these routers which act like mini-pc and help share net to other PC's

Ummm. That is, by definition, exactly what a broadband router does - shares net between multiple PCs.

A mini-PC which shares net and acts like a mini-PC can be called a broadband router, but at the end of the day, it's just a mini-PC which happens to be routing - in other words, it can have other functions.

Of course, a mini-PC doing this job is potentially far more powerful since you could set up IPtables or a Squid Caching server on it, and you could set up a full software firewall and/or load balancer - unlike the device in question.

normal routers won't be able to do it because of the dialup,normal routers want username or ip adress which these don't apply to plus reliance keeps logging off the user so it will be difficult for the router

What you're probably thinking of is an ADSL router, whereas the model I have suggested is a standard, run of the mill broadband router with 4 port switch and Wireless (802.11G for this model).

Plug an Ethernet cable in to the port marked "WAN", plug the other end of said ethernet cable in to the equipment supplied by the ISP.

The MAC ID of the WRT54G will be authenticated (as is needed with most cable ISPs such as Hathway, Fivenet or others), given an IP address and can offer DHCP services, so essentially after it's set up the WRT54G does all the actual routing work in the network and the ISP supplied equipment then becomes nothing more than a media convertor in most cases.

If the connection is PPPoE, then the ISP supplied equipment *or* the WRT54G router can be used to do the dialing, thus removing the need for you to set up a PPPoE dial-up connection on each computer and allowing, as I said in my previous post, multiple computers to share the same connection, whether it is "single user" or not.

In the case of Reliances authentication - as I understand it you have to authenticate through a webpage. This would still work because the router would essentially be the only device that the ISP supplied equipment sees and thus any computer can be used to log in via Reliances webpage, thus essentially authenticating for the whole network.

Presumably however, that PC has to remain on otherwise Reliance authentication servers might ping back to see if the connection is still active, and then when the WRT54G returns "nope, I'm offline" because the original host no longer responds, Reliance authentication would terminate the session.

There is, however, nothing stopping you from just pulling up your browser and logging in again - no big deal.

Ummm. That is, by definition, exactly what a broadband router does - shares net between multiple PCs.

A mini-PC which shares net and acts like a mini-PC can be called a broadband router, but at the end of the day, it's just a mini-PC which happens to be routing - in other words, it can have other functions.

Of course, a mini-PC doing this job is potentially far more powerful since you could set up IPtables or a Squid Caching server on it, and you could set up a full software firewall and/or load balancer - unlike the device in question.

What you're probably thinking of is an ADSL router, whereas the model I have suggested is a standard, run of the mill broadband router with 4 port switch and Wireless (802.11G for this model).

Plug an Ethernet cable in to the port marked "WAN", plug the other end of said ethernet cable in to the equipment supplied by the ISP.

The MAC ID of the WRT54G will be authenticated (as is needed with most cable ISPs such as Hathway, Fivenet or others), given an IP address and can offer DHCP services, so essentially after it's set up the WRT54G does all the actual routing work in the network and the ISP supplied equipment then becomes nothing more than a media convertor in most cases.

If the connection is PPPoE, then the ISP supplied equipment *or* the WRT54G router can be used to do the dialing, thus removing the need for you to set up a PPPoE dial-up connection on each computer and allowing, as I said in my previous post, multiple computers to share the same connection, whether it is "single user" or not.

In the case of Reliances authentication - as I understand it you have to authenticate through a webpage. This would still work because the router would essentially be the only device that the ISP supplied equipment sees and thus any computer can be used to log in via Reliances webpage, thus essentially authenticating for the whole network.

Presumably however, that PC has to remain on otherwise Reliance authentication servers might ping back to see if the connection is still active, and then when the WRT54G returns "nope, I'm offline" because the original host no longer responds, Reliance authentication would terminate the session.

There is, however, nothing stopping you from just pulling up your browser and logging in again - no big deal.

I WILL try it

but the thing about reliance logging out is that if you put downloads and go out,they just log you out

I WILL try it

but the thing about reliance logging out is that if you put downloads and go out,they just log you out

Maybe in a weird and incredibly stupid way they're trying to make torrent-downloading an inconvenience. I'd have to investigate more as to how Reliance's auth system works but surely there'd be a way to make the browser session not time out for like... a year.

Or maybe the system just randomly boots people off when enough people log on to the same PoP, who knows.

I will never use reliance. I bought but they said its not feasible. I waited for refund for almost 1 month and i got it after around 3 months! No one was responsible enough to give proper reply as well. I have a bad impression of all ADAG businesses.

I WILL try it

i leave my reliance connection for 16-17 hours and i download and it does NOT log me off even once .. u only get logged off after u have crossed 24 hours at one stretch and u need to re login then ..

i leave my reliance connection for 16-17 hours and i download and it does NOT log me off even once .. u only get logged off after u have crossed 24 hours at one stretch and u need to re login then ..

can you tell me more about your plan,upload speed,service,etc?

also can you make the connection multi-user

can you tell me more about your plan,upload speed,service,etc?

also can you make the connection multi-user

hi im in the 1mpbs unlimited at day and 2mbps unlimited at night plan for rs 1600 ( i think they call it 1mpbs X Night booster something like that ) .. i get speeds of about 220 - 240 kbps in the night while uploading and downloading ( since the speed becomes 2mbps from 10pm to 8am ) and about 115-120kbps download/upload during day time since speed is 1mbps ..

reliance customer service sucks .. they dont know half the times what they are talking themselves .. they have very little downtime so im happy with that ... speeds are consistent throughout as per the plan they offer .. they arent like other ISPs who will reduce your speed if u download too much ( i have personally never ever had speed issues with reliance and thank god for that lol )

i dont know about the multi user thing .. the customer service may beable to help you with that ..

hi im in the 1mpbs unlimited at day and 2mbps unlimited at night plan for rs 1600 ( i think they call it 1mpbs X Night booster something like that ) .. i get speeds of about 220 - 240 kbps in the night while uploading and downloading ( since the speed becomes 2mbps from 10pm to 8am ) and about 115-120kbps download/upload during day time since speed is 1mbps ..

reliance customer service sucks .. they dont know half the times what they are talking themselves .. they have very little downtime so im happy with that ... speeds are consistent throughout as per the plan they offer .. they arent like other ISPs who will reduce your speed if u download too much ( i have personally never ever had speed issues with reliance and thank god for that lol )

i dont know about the multi user thing .. the customer service may beable to help you with that ..

whenever i ask them about the multi-user thing they say their sales agent will tell me about it and he says the engineer will tell me when they come for installation

don't you have a different customer support than for new consumers,can you please ask and tell me?

Status
Not open for further replies.