Sify blocking all p2p apps?

• Thread starter Thread starter ogtripleog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 11,247
ares doesn't even connect to the network 🙂 however i am using limewire now and it works well after changing the default ports 🙂

Well, as u all can see, am a newbie here, so didn't really know that not to quote any messages. Sorry for that, but am still wondering where i spelt the name wrong 🤔

hey coolbuddy you can quote messages if they are needed, that is if they are not the last message anyway.

On IRC i get a straight 15kB most of the time, On Bittorent , it depends on the seeds/peers , if its a good one , if get 15kB for pretty much all the time.On Edk network , I have to queue up loads of files but i get around 15kBAll in all .. a minimum 450mb per night is @$$ured on sify night package unless the router gives way or sify disconnects me in the middle of the night

Does anybody know which ports should i ask sify to open for using DC++ ..... I am unable to connect to most of the hubs ....I called up sify they told m that if i mentioned the ports they will open it up

thanks.. so i have to leave ares running for 30 mins? 🙁 limewire takes abt a minute.. but i wil stil give it a try..

the best is to uninstall and install the latest version...a couple of days back, my Ares didn't connect for 2 days, then i downloaded the latest version and installed it (remember, first uninstall the current one and install the new on then, DO NOT install on the existing one) and then it was working just fine...at this very moment i'm downloading stuff at more than 14 kBps speed and uploading (other users downloading frome me) at around 7 kBps... 😀

i do have the new version.. starnge ho wmost things that do not work on my connection work fine at my friends

Bitcomet stopped working after a few days. mtorrent seems to work though. Sify service is getting to be worse by the second.Cheers all!