• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 22,499
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgcarley

Founder, Hayai Broadband
ISP
India: FTTH, FTTB or 3G // NZ: VDSL // USA: FTTH or Cable (DOCSIS3)
As you guys have hopefully figured out by now, we want to make being a customer of Hayai as easy as possible.Obviously we have always been planning to implement the ability to sign up and recharge your account online, but the question is "how?".Quite some time ago, someone else has suggested Paypal (the payment processor I use at one of my other companies accepts Paypal as one method of payment, so it's not entirely out of the question).I've been going through and reading how people feel about services such as Oxicash and Topupcard.co.in but it seems divided as to whether they're any good or whether they work properly and so on.The thing then is, apart from the usual payment methods (cheque, cash on delivery, netbanking transfer, credit card), which payment options would you like to see us utilize?

Oxicash sucks. Very bad experience with them.

Mchek has worked fine for me.

Net banking is the best option but it does not work for me because few gateways support Standard Chartered 😀

cash on delivery in your case? not going to work!

paypal would work considering it is now legal in india. people can link their bank accounts with paypal. but the reputation of this service is pretty bad.

i personally prefer paying through credit cards. not everyone has that. some people would want to pay using cash only... so u would have to offer most if not all the options.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

there is a painful option where you can sell recharge coupons through local stores. this could work in localities where you are serving a good number of customers (after a couple of months of launch).

i personally think that the customer would love the option to have someone pick the payments from home (without any 'service charges' of course!).

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

cash on delivery as it might be... could be a problem with cash payments... (fake representatives collecting cash on your behalf?) 😀

Oxicash sucks. Very bad experience with them.

Mchek has worked fine for me.

Net banking is the best option but it does not work for me because few gateways support Standard Chartered 😀

cash on delivery in your case? not going to work!

paypal would work considering it is now legal in india. people can link their bank accounts with paypal. but the reputation of this service is pretty bad.

i personally prefer paying through credit cards. not everyone has that. some people would want to pay using cash only... so u would have to offer most if not all the options.

At least Mchek's website looks halfway OK. The others look horrible.

So probably a combination of mChek, my existing processor (which includes Paypal and CC), netbanking and drop-boxes.

I really want to have cash-ready payment terminals available at railway stations or something. They work well in the Ukraine and Georgia (where they're on every-other street corner in cities), but I fear that they would be vandalized in India.

Maybe through ATMs - that might be a possibility.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

there is a painful option where you can sell recharge coupons through local stores. this could work in localities where you are serving a good number of customers (after a couple of months of launch).

i personally think that the customer would love the option to have someone pick the payments from home (without any 'service charges' of course!).

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

cash on delivery as it might be... could be a problem with cash payments... (fake representatives collecting cash on your behalf?) 😀

I thought about that. I'd say that we'd have to have some kind of mobile topup in that case. If the rep collects the cash, he should top it up via his mobile and get a confirmation code straight away... or something.

That said, I'd rather not waste the manpower - better to have e-topups through local stores I'd say.

Hmmmm....
[FONT=&quot]ATM is good idea and we can also create distribution network with Mobile retailer which also help to sell new connection as well as Top-up recharge and many of them have online recharge in their store so we can provide online recharge option to them....[/FONT]

Netbanking sounds great. Many of the Indian banks have that nowadays. Make it easy for the customers to pay without any hassle.

Hmmmm....
[FONT=&quot]ATM is good idea and we can also create distribution network with Mobile retailer which also help to sell new connection as well as Top-up recharge and many of them have online recharge in their store so we can provide online recharge option to them....[/FONT]

We'd have to implement an SMS gateway. I know someone in that industry so will talk to him about it.

Credit cards and debit cards with net banking please........

Those were already going to be the primary methods 🙂

Netbanking sounds great. Many of the Indian banks have that nowadays.

Make it easy for the customers to pay without any hassle.

That... is... the plan.

So we've got cheque, netbanking, credit card, paypal, mchek, e-recharge similar to mobile topups, ATM (as many banks as possible is best, but I think not all banks are equipped for this, so probably SC, Citi, HDFC, ICICI at least). What other methods can you think of?

another reason for liking mChek is that they are fairly active on social networks. i have received customer support on twitter! oxicash on the other hand. horrible website. i only use them to check the balance of the delhi-gurgaon express smart tag balance.

well he would most likely using a third party payment gateway so it is not under his control which banks are supported in the end. SBI is usually supported by all due to their large presence in the indian market. i suffer for being a customer of a not so popular private bank Standard chartered. 🙂 icici is usually supported by all.

most indian payment gateways have all Banks netbanking sites as a option when paying . but most payment gateways chew up good percentage of transaction as commision. one other thing that might work for you is ECS option, have Credit Card or Savings Account set up to do ECS, and then user can topup his act online in your site. and then in backend, u can do a ECS for that amount from his CC/Savings Act, should be pretty easy to setup

another reason for liking mChek is that they are fairly active on social networks.

i have received customer support on twitter!

oxicash on the other hand. horrible website. i only use them to check the balance of the delhi-gurgaon express smart tag balance.

I've written now to mChek. Let's see what they say.

Do include State Bank of India (:: STATE BANK OF INDIA :: Safe Banking With SBI ::) for netbanking and card payments. Its becoming some sort of a fashion to only include private and foreign banks and ignoring the largest bank in the country just because its government owned.

If we can't support the bank due to a lack of API or whatever, there is always the option whereby when the order is placed, the site can spit out *our* account details and give instructions to include the account number or some reference code with the payment.

Of course it does leave things open to some error, so I'm guessing big bold red text would be needed to tell people not to screw it up...

well he would most likely using a third party payment gateway so it is not under his control which banks are supported in the end.

SBI is usually supported by all due to their large presence in the indian market.

i suffer for being a customer of a not so popular private bank Standard chartered. 🙂

icici is usually supported by all.

HDFC and ICICI I seem to make it easy. SC is supported by mChek... I'll do what I can to cover as many banks as possible.

mChek accepts most credit cards so it works well for me. oxicash... arrgh. i cannot express my hatred for them and their website. they are part of the oxigen network i think oxygen is the service that allows you to recharge multiple mobile phones (and ISPs) over a counter using one of those machines resembling credit card machines.

I've generally had a good experience with CCAvenue :: Merchant Account, Credit Card Processing & Payment Gateway , they support a lot of banks for Netbanking , Almost All Debit + CC Cards , plus some vouchers and stuff

Will check it out.

most indian payment gateways have all Banks netbanking sites as a option when paying . but most payment gateways chew up good percentage of transaction as commision.

As we grow we can probably work directly with the banks...

one other thing that might work for you is ECS option, have Credit Card or Savings Account set up to do ECS, and then user can topup his act online in your site. and then in backend, u can do a ECS for that amount from his CC/Savings Act, should be pretty easy to setup

I'm not sure I fully understand this... it sounds like you mean direct-debit?

Status
Not open for further replies.