Hayai Broadband - Fair Usage Policy

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 38,083
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you've got your car euphamism slightly wrong.

If we talk purely about ADSL for a minute, everyone has access to the same equipment - everyone owns a Toyota Corolla. No matter what road this Toyota is on, it has a top speed of (let's say) 160km/h.

But what's different here is that they are currently charging different amounts for different sized roads (think highway vs the road that probably goes past your house). If they removed the different charges for the road size, and just charge the same amount per KM travelled whether you're on a side-street or a highway, obviously you'll take the highway because you can drive at 160km/h instead of 30km/h.

Getting to your destination more quickly means you don't have to spend as much time on the road, and when everybody's cars are sitting at home because they'are already got from A to B, then there isn't as much congestion.

Yeah, the main problem is the toll for different types of road is different, and much more than it should be. However they will be paying for it soon...

I love trucks...

I love trucks...

offtopic=("You will have to buy one of mercedes benz then to be able to travel at 160 kmph..😀");
sorry for this, I'm a C programmer (still rookie though)

if(cst1992.Response == "You will have to buy one of mercedes benz then to be able to travel at 160 kmph..:wink:") return "I know C, C++ and C# aswell!";else return null; //can't think of something 😛

if(cst1992.Response == "You will have to buy one of mercedes benz then to be able to travel at 160 kmph..:wink:")
return "I know C, C++ and C# aswell!";
else
return null; //can't think of something 😛
Code:
{if(vlresponse=='if(cst1992.Response == "You will have to buy one of mercedes benz then to be able to travel at 160 kmph..")return "I know C, C++ and C# aswell!";elsereturn null; //can't think of something '){printf("You have tagged the wrong sentence.\n");printf("correct sentence is the next.\n");printf("Every if does not need a else.");printf("Nice to know you know programming. I'm not a ace programmer, I'm still a learner.\n");printf("Arre aur kitne printf karun main?? :P");}

Looking at the last 3 posts above mine, I should suggest that this thread be moved to some show off section.

Looking at the last 3 posts above mine, I should suggest that this thread be moved to some show off section.

That was just a chill pill.
End offtopic.

heh yeah. just read that. at least they are offering 50GB for 10 dollars extra right?

heh yeah. just read that. at least they are offering 50GB for 10 dollars extra right?

yup, $10 for every additional 50GB of data.

that has been one of the things we have been asking for. saner pricing for bandwidth. 50GB for 10 dollars means. 5 GB for 1 dollar. that means 5GB for 50 bucks. That comes to around 10 bucks per GB. This is a profitable pricing for operators like Airtel. Much more for someone like AT&T 😀

that has been one of the things we have been asking for. saner pricing for bandwidth. 50GB for 10 dollars means. 5 GB for 1 dollar. that means 5GB for 50 bucks. That comes to around 10 bucks per GB. This is a profitable pricing for operators like Airtel. Much more for someone like AT&T 😀

rs 500 for 50GB is very good pricing when compared to our isp's who charge 200/GB or throttle down to 256kbps after 8/10/15/25GB, still the people in US with an AT&T connection would be pissed off and may change their connection to verizon.

the broadband market in usa is pretty messed up. there are regions where there is no availability! there are regions where a single player has the monopoly. but at least they have some options which are more reasonable than others. we lack even that.

all options are available; in some areas U will a very good competition, in fact in all areas, its never like u wont get any competitive service all ( except if ur far away in wyoming or may be northen dakota00000 chilly dude!!!)look at my speed test! see what I meant.. an No competition here!!! 🙂

Lets hope indian broadband scenario changes after the launch of hayai and everyone starts offering data at rs 10-15/GB, till that time my bsnl 3G connection will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.