ZTE Corp. and Huawei Technologies Co. are now banned in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Jitu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 8,629
Political status of Taiwan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The controversy regarding the political status of Taiwan hinges on whether Taiwan, including Penghu, should remain effectively independent as territory of the Republic of China (ROC, a completely separate political entity to the People's Republic of China), become unified with the territories now governed by the People's Republic of China (PRC), or formally declare independence and become the Republic of Taiwan. The controversy over the political status of the Republic of China hinges on whether its existence as a state is legitimate and recognized by the international community.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

source
cannot find a good article but this might help:

Delayed IC policy cost India an Intel plant-Process/Manufacturing-EE Times-Asia

I bought an i3 like 20 days ago, it was imported from Malaysia. There is atleast 30$ difference between the online prices of the US and the market price of india. :madness:

well US prices are likely to be lower in ANY case. the market is very competitive and well tech stuff is always cheaper there. indian companies have been shifting base to china for years now for similar reasons. manufacturing their and importing to india turns out to be cheaper than manufacturing in india. what do you say about that?

If they're cutting off Taiwanese electronics too:1. We're screwed2. There isn't a very wide variety of telecom equipment manufactured outside of Taiwan.3. Indian telecom equipment sucks. A lot. It just does. Deal with it.All I know is, my friends have Taiwanese passports valid for travel, so I'm considering it a separate country.

well technically hong kong is a country too. i do not understand china and their acquired properties. taiwan, tibet, hong kong and so on. they should rename themselves united states of china.

well technically hong kong is a country too. i do not understand china and their acquired properties. taiwan, tibet, hong kong and so on. they should rename themselves united states of china.

Hong Kong has the special status of SAR within the Chinese system. A bit like Samoa is to NZ. Or NZ is to England. We have the queen on our money, but it's not the GBP. We have a separate government, but at the end of the day, what she says goes. Etc.

Maybe. Political comparisons are difficult.

Taiwan is more Chinese than Tibet. One can say like the Koreans, China is still technically under a civil war with the mainland being fully brought under communist control and nationalists fleeing to and setting up a govt on an island. When push comes to shove, China ain't listening to anybody where Taiwan belongs, it will goto war with the US if it has to over it.On topic: i don't even know any Indian telecoms equipment company, does such a thing even exist at all?

Taiwan is more Chinese than Tibet.

Try telling that to a Taiwanese person.

One can say like the Koreans, China is still technically under a civil war with the mainland being fully brought under communist control and nationalists fleeing to and setting up a govt on an island.
When push comes to shove, China ain't listening to anybody where Taiwan belongs, it will goto war with the US if it has to over it.

Also like the Koreans, Taiwan is still considered separate nations for the most part by countries other than China: like North and South Korea, they have separate currencies, passports which are recognized and foreign policies.

Hong Kong is also part of China and has the same distinction. Hong Kong passports are excellent travel documents. Chinese are not. Hong Kong is a great place for offshore banking. China, not so much.

The point here is, I think that any trade restrictions put on China would only apply to Hong Kong and Taiwan IF India recognizes those two territories as separate, and given that Taiwan does have it's own Embassy in Delhi, I think India does recognize it as a separate country to mainland China.

On topic: i don't even know any Indian telecoms equipment company, does such a thing even exist at all?

Beetel comes to mind.

Good. I'd rather a pay little more than subsidize the chicoms. I don't care about their cheap Wal-Mart crap but we can't afford to have an overtly hostile nation and its murky State owned Corporates become the backbone of our vital telco infrastructure. Unless the Chinks change their attitude and embrace India this policy should be escalated. There's a saying that the Chinese will fight India down the very last Paki and it's true. They undermine our security at every opportunity without lifting a finger.

i think there are some companies that are (at least were) manufacturing networking hardware in gurgaon.

i think there are some companies that are (at least were) manufacturing networking hardware in gurgaon.

Fair enough, but reliance on companies producing stuff in the homeland (Hindustan, Bharat, India - whatever you call her) is only really worthwhile doing IF your companies make a better quality product than the Chinese competition. For the most part, Indian craftsmanship is not often synonymous with quality unless we happen to be talking about textiles and a few other things.

Not that Chinese equipment is particularly good, but on the whole it usually does the job - I have not used many India-built appliances (I think my Iron is Bajaj, but hardly a comparison to Networking Equipment).

In my own experiences with trying to get an Indian built STB for Hayai, although the promises from the Indian company were good, the delivery was poor, and the customer support was practically non-existant. Admittedly, all of this may purely be a communications issue, but otherwise, I want to see something that will make me go "WOW" in order to take my thoughts away from importing 10,000 STBs from Taiwan.

JUNE 3, 2010The Indian government has finally buckled under pressure to lift the "ban" on Chinese network equipment that was imposed due to perceived security risks, and which has been impinging on procurement strategies. (See BSNL Blocks Huawei, ZTE Bids, ZTE Embarks on Indian Charm Offensive, Huawei Seeks Talks Over Indian Lockdown, and India's DoT Denies Blanket Ban on Chinese Gear.)India's operators can now purchase technology from such vendors as Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. and ZTE Corp. (Shenzhen: 000063; Hong Kong: 0763), with prior clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs.There are conditions, though. The equipment ordered either has to be approved by independent international security audit firms, or it can be self-certified by the network operator, reports The Economic Times.The self-certification involves the provision of a bank guarantee to the government, which has to be forfeited if any security problems occur once the equipment is deployed, so it carries more potential financial risk.Both of these options are stop-gaps while a testing lab is set up in India by the country's National Informatics Centre.The government decision will come as a relief to Huawei and ZTE, which have seen orders for their technology blocked since February this year. They have, though, been receiving support from the carrier community while they lobbied the government for a lift on the trade restrictions, while the Association of Unified Telecom Service Providers of India (AUSPI) asked the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) to include Huawei and ZTE in discussions issues related to 2G spectrum pricing and allocation.