What Is Meaning Of X Mb Download?

• Thread starter Thread starter xyz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,785

xyz

this is really very basic question.. but i cud not get the precise answer from anyone - not even my CTO. kindly answer.in many packages there is a limit on the download(+upload) amount some MBs or GBs etc.now what of following is considered as 'download(or upload)':browsingopening mailsopening mail attachmentsIM chattingvoice chattingautomatic virus uploador none of the above and only actually 'saving' something on my machineor any bit of information that leaves and arrives at my machine is considered as downloadalso- when i say 64kbps package, it means that ideally browsing speed is 64kbps and downloading speed is 64/8 i.e. 8kbps .. : is this true?

first of all dis is a sify forum all Q's shld be related to sify & ur usin mtnl i think so post in other forum.Still i wud ans ur queriesfirst of all download means the info tht comes to ur pc & upload which goes.browsing will ne considered in download as the pages r saved in temp internet folders & also cookiesnow make dis thing clear speed of internet is measured in kBps(kilo bytes per sec) & the packs which r offered by ISP mention kbps(kilo bits per sec)8kbps=1kBpsso64kbps=8kBpsbrwosing & download speed remains same

any bit of information that leaves and arrives at my machine is considered as download

i think even if you don't do anything still you'll be downloading. because in order to stay connected yu'll have to send some bytes and recieve some bytes and that's the data added in your downloads.