Reliance Big TV DTH: New User Interface sucks!

• Thread starter Thread starter djvic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 8,672

djvic

ISP
dynamic
Hi friends, I am subscriber of Reliance Big Tv . I recently upgraded my STB and it came with a new GUI and it sucks. It is slower than the previous one and has a red theme which is undesirable.

I agree it sucks to the core.

The old interface was bad enough. This is even worse! Garish red theme, fonts are not rendered properly and the menu is slower than before. Who is running things at BIG TV? I for one am sure to never continue with Reliance ADAG group products in the future - they all seem to be keen to outdo each other in terms of who is more worse.

That's true. The menus are slow, the channel switching is slower. The BIG ad which comes on the whole screen then u have to press Blue Button to exit. These things sucks bigtime.

Ya really... their service wasnt good and now they made it worse. They feel like changing colors they are doing something amazing and like they climbed on himalaya!! They dont know they are making mistakes and in long term they have to pay for it by losing customers!

its sad that the companies cannot simply run some surveys with their customers before deciding to make major changes in their services especially when it comes to user interfaces.

Yes. I need to agree that the performance had degraded. I was also hoping that the logo will be changed to watermark. I understand the pay channels are not supposed to have the BIG logo at all. After 2 years of BIG, I will have to rethink on continuing with them for want of flexibility in their packages as well w.r.t a-la-carte.

In the two years for the first time the STB crashed and restarted. Thanks to the latest software upgrade. I wish BIG gives us an option to revert back to the previous software version.

There is 1 another bug in this Reliance big tv's new software, that is in 'Reminder' option... When i set a reminder for a program.. It alerts before 5 min of starting of that program.. But the alert message comes 'watch' option on it.. & it is not working as it works before.. Aap log Try kar ke dekho aur reply karo..

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

And when i go to the iCare option, it opens... But in a few seconds, while loading data, stb getting hanged again n again..

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

There is 1 another bug in this Reliance big tv's new software, that is in 'Reminder' option... When i set a reminder for a program.. It alerts before 5 min of starting of that program.. But the alert message comes 'watch' option on it.. & it is not working as it works before.. Aap log Try kar ke dekho aur reply karo..

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

And when i go to the iCare option, it opens... But in a few seconds, while loading data, stb getting hanged again n again..

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

I do agree with u ! I tried that thing and it doesnt works. Is there anyway to rollback that upgrade ?

Mujhe bhi nahi malum yarr, par ha waisa koi option jarur hona chahiye, jisase apan previous software download kar usse use kar sake...Customer care walo ko puchna padega ki aisa kuch kar sakte kya apan...

Havent these suckers even studied / seen their competitor's products and menu software before launching such crappy user interface ... what a shame ... ..I think everyone should register a complaint with the CC for the user interface .. and maybe then they will notice.

its sad that the companies cannot simply run some surveys with their customers before deciding to make major changes in their services especially when it comes to user interfaces.

True, one of the best Co.s success are due to R&D in areas of user's wants and preferences.

Yes , then new s/w sucks :iomg: , stb hangs when you go to iCare , and channel changing is slow compared to pervious version . It takes lot of time to boot

We are requesting them to transparent their big tv logo from past 2 years but they just ignoring us.. We had selected/chosed their services from all other dth service providers only bcoz of their name 'Reliance' but they extremely cheating us... This is not Fair at all.. So i think 'Reliance' should change their name... Big Tv is Pig Tv!!

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

And the info/flash messages in big tv for which we have to press blue button on remote for exiting it.. These messages are very irritating.. Bcz they comes whenever my favourite show starts & cover the whole screen.. That is very troubling & disturbing while watching tv.. I think nobody big tv users want to read these info/flash messages by ignoring their favourite show.. Big tv's people should create one separate option like 'Inbox messages' for it in their next software update..