New User Please Help Me Out

creative_mind

HiI have just subscribed for 128Kbps un limited plan,and this is the first time i m using Broadband aswell,So plz tell me what P2P should i have to download movies,and some softwares as well, I m a novice plz help me out.

1)For music and sometimes movies use limewire its a simple to use p2p s/w2)For Movies and Games use torrents, people say azureus or utorrent is better than bit-comet but i still use bicomet coz it works fine for me also i get max speed on bitcomet which i don't on azureus and utorrent (even after port forwarding etc)

Thanx for the answers,I am using limewire to download some files,but i getting terrible speed there only 8-11 Kbps,can i increase that speed somehow,i had called up airtel T/s as well but nojoy,so plz tell me what can be done to increase the speed,i am downloading download accerator plus 8 as well, will that help.I am really very disappointed right now,with the speed i am getting,plz help me out.

max u would get is 15kbps if the thing u r downloading is nicely seeded.

Hello all....hey @lone buddy.........any idea if Airtel BB vl be available in sector 45? I talked to them........and they said "soon" and this soon has not arrived at for last 3 months........I'm having probs with Dataone........gave up sify.......tata ppl gave up on me and no other option I can figure out rite nowvl appreciate u're help if cn provide some info!!! 🙂

Well dewd if this makes ur pain ease away a little...i had an Airtel connection booked last September. Every time they say airtel will be available in the next week....they always dump me. I mean if Airtel was a chick...then by god i will run as hell from her.False Promises,Lies And Ditchin...is Airtel's speciality. So my advice to u dewd....dont hope for any miracles soon. AIrtel has more consumers than it can afford so dont expect anythin in a snap.

Perpetual confusion between KBps and Kbps

128 kbps = 16 KBps, so if u are getting 8-10 kbps then there is a problem whereas if its 8-10 KBps then its ok.

QUOTE(gsgs @ Jul 10 2006, 12:26 PM) [snapback]55482[/snapback]
.......any idea if Airtel BB vl be available in sector 45? I talked to them.....
[/b]

Eternity man..infact answer could be never"..they have been 50 metres from my place for the past 3-4 yrs still not ready to wire my home or the neighbourhood. Unbundling of the local loop is wat is reqd..thats the key to our BB problems

........acknowledged!!!

The iriitatin fact is that they r in my sector and they r givin away the connections. Yet they say that they r only coverin the commercial blocks in my sector and my residential area is still far out of reach for them. Bunch of LIers.

Hi oblidged with repliesI am using USB port for connecting the mdm,and i am getting stale session after some time,that is dwld speed says that its 0 and not able to open up any webpages as well,However connection says that its connected.So because of this my Limewire stops after some time.and i am not able to download even a single movie by now.So is it because of the USB connection,and should i switch to the ethernet with NIC?Waiting for the reply.Help me if possible.

ethernet based connection is a lot more reliable. i dont have to restart the router for days. and that too i do most of the time to try to update dns... and get a different IP. 🙂 get rid of that USB based connection!

WOT!!!!! REALLY!!! wot sector u' in man??? I guess they are really not interested in expanding.......coz as u' said they olready have enuff than they can handle. Wot a waste man that v are being deprived of such a gud service 🙁 coz at my end also they said its available in 44 but not 45 but that "vl be covered soon"! Damn liers!!!

thanx for d conversion info cyberwiz buddy! I really wish that this local loop thingy gets sorted out soon in the coming future else v ol are gonna remained deprived of the "real broadband" (as compared to other countries) n' I guess as you said.........vl hv to wait up til eternity for Airtel

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Jul 11 2006, 02:50 PM) [snapback]55558[/snapback]

There u go again with that icon..really irritating emoticon
[/b]

really sorry for you that u' feel this way for this poor lit' icon.............but u' knw WOT??? can't help it.