Using Two or more Internet Connections at same time

• Thread starter Thread starter kmkmahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,198

kmkmahesh

ISP
planning and confused
Hi all i just want to know that is it possible to use more than two internet connection at same time for a single pc, i mean i have two dialup connections with 160Kbps i want to use them at same time to get my speed 320Kbps i just saw a demo version tool here

Code:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Other-Internet-Related/MultiConnect.shtml
but it is not working perfectly so any one tell me is there any tool which helps like this

Thnx in advance, waiting for ur replies

Lets come back to dialup later. Lets have some basics first - the first thing you should be asking yourself is how many network cards you have. Lets say you have two LAN cards(or lets say 1 WAN card and 1 LAN card, typical scenario) and both of these can be connected to internet. I am assuming you are on windows.

- You could install a virtual machine e.g. VirtualBox, VMWare player. These would allow you use any of these two cards as network provider for your virtual machine. Now your base machine uses LAN card 1 and virtual machine uses LAN card 2. Simple and easy.

The reason i recommended a virtual machine approach is that when you have talk about combining two connections on single OS, you are talking about dynamically routing your packets to either of card based on some criteria. You have to make sure that your routing tables are configured in such a way that one card handles traffic to a certain IP range and other one handles a different IP range which can be difficult but its possible.

As a POC, i did once combine a wireless connection with an ethernet connection. But that was done on linux. Its a little technical, as I told you have to manually configure your routing tables. Just in case you want to have a look, its here.

If you want to achieve this on windows you would like to go the Wingate way. I have not tried this, but this link might be useful.

This used to be built in to RAS on Windows NT many years ago. I don't think it exists in 2000 or XP or later though. Probably due to the advent of broadband and such things no longer being necessary (according to Microsoft).A number of proxy-server-type apps might be useful here: I used to run a Windows 2000 box with something like the aforementioned Wingate back in the day when I used to pay megabucks for an internet connection in order to allow people in my house exactly as much bandwidth as they paid for 😉But, combining 2 connections doesn't really combine 160+160=320, but you do get the effect of load-balancing, and as such you could, theoretically, download torrents on one connection and use the other for web-browsing and so forth.

vikrant i told they are dialup i mean using usb modem or connecting through gprs and nothing worked for me what u have provided