BSNL IPTV from Myway. Good Product, but unethical sales and accounting practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
BSNL
At least in Bangalore, I'm having a lot of issues with them. The service works decently well as long as internet connection is stable. But the price you pay for it and the fights you have to have with customer service at the end of each month is not at all justifiable. there are much cheaper alternatives. If you want to know about the issues I'm having with them.. read on.. below is a mail I sent to their customer service.

Hi,

I got a call from an IPTV representative on Feb 1st asking me if I was interested in getting the connection and that it would be free for 3 months for me to try it out and that I have to pay a fixed deposit of 1500/-

I showed interest in getting the connection as it seemed risk free and a sales representative came to my house and explained to me the same terms. He emphasized that I have to just pay the deposit of 1500/- and nothing else would be required for 3 months. And that I'll have to start paying after 3 months if I like the service and decide to keep it. I filled up the IPTV form on Feb 1st. And payed my check on Feb 2nd. I got the connection on Feb 5th.

After the end of first month I was surprised to get a call saying my account would be deactivated since I haven't paid modem rental. I was never asked to paid it. I wasn't told that I would be required to pay it. And there is no logic in asking for modem rental if it is a demo period. What if I wanted to purchase the modem after demo? Wouldn't I be paying 150/- extra for the 3 months demo period? I tried to reason with them about this, and I was told that the sales representative had made a mistake by not telling me about the modem rental and I have to pay if I want to continue the service. I decided to purchase the modem for 900/- as I was told that plan would credit 400+ rupees to my account. While paying this 900/- I have repeatedly clarified everything to confirm every detail about further payments, so that there wont be another series of "mistakes" from the sales rep. I had asked repeatedly if this 400/- will start getting deducted after the remaining 2 months of demo period. They always replied in affirmative, saying Yes.

Now at the end of second month, I get another call saying my connection will be again disconnected because my account balance is zero and I have not paid. I am dumbfounded and I have no idea what is going on. When I explained this problem to the caller, she said she'll investigate the problem and get back to me in a while. I gave her even the sales representative's name who had sold it to me initially. His phone number and the names of his higher ups. Nothing happened. I got another call next day from another lady, telling me that my connection will be discontinued if I don't pay. I asked about the status of the complaint made the previous day. She says there is no complaint logged for my number. I had to retell my whole ordeal to her again. She forwarded the complaint to Bangalore service center.. I had to explain to them the whole problem again. And she said she will get back to me in 10 minutes. I didn't get any call for 3 days. Today I got an sms saying my connection has been disconnected. I called the bangalore center and retold the whole thing.

Now they have a different explanation:

I was supposed to buy the modem during getting the connection itself if I wanted 3 months demo. But since I didn't buy it in the first month, my demo period is only for 1 month. I wasn't told any of this when I got the connection or when I purchased the modem at the end of first month. So now they say my demo period is only for 1 month, even though I have purchased the modem and paid full for it. Even when the "mistake" is on your side, I have paid whatever was asked.

How did my entire 400+ of balance get over within a month? I have got no explanation for this. They started charging me for a 280/- plan without getting my consent or asking me which plan I wanted to opt for. In fact, the sales person who gave me the connection in February, had told that the monthly rates might decrease to 180/- in 3 months, and that I don't have to think about payments for next 3 months.

Even if I was charged 280/- for this month, there should be some balance still left in my account. How come all of 400/- evaporated?

I am fed up of trying to reason and defend at the end of each month. This is very unethical sales practice and very unethical accounting.

I do not want to pay single paisa extra to Myway / BSNL IPTV. Please deliver me what was promised, or give me back my money and take away ur service. I'm not interested in it anymore. What was supposed to be a risk free 3 month demo has turned out to be a very costly affair.

I was asked to write this lengthy email explaining my situation all over again by the gentleman I have CCd. To make sure that my effort in writing this has some value, I'm going to post this email on MouthShut.com (the review site everyone uses to check about reliability of services before buying), on https://broadband.forum/ (the first result on google for iptv). I'll post whatever response I get from you, giving you an opportunity to handle it correctly.

My landline number is XXX - XXXXXXXX.

Thanks,
Vinuth.

Hope u get some respite from those morons..

Status
Not open for further replies.