FiveNet in Malad

• Thread starter Thread starter jotmatta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 22,347

jotmatta

ISP
MTNL, Triband
hi everybody.. am new to this forum.... so plz ignore if i make some mistakes or violate any rule... am residing at jankalyan nagar, malad (W).. and looking for an internet connection... currently have TIKONA which truly amazes me how... they are able to provide such pethatic service... really needs some talent to provide such shitty service... so planning to get a new connection... only available options in my area are ... Airtel, FiveNet, PaceNet, Sify and MTNL Triband.. Now plz advise me which one to go for... dont want to go for triband.. coz my line has never been clear since past 7 yrs despite repeated complaints... also airtel plans.. dont interest me.. coz am a heavy heavy downloader.. more than 100GB per month on an average... so none of their plans interest me... have read horrible reviews for sify... so very reluctant to go for it.. neways they dont have any plan tht suits my needs.... so am left with Pacenet and FiveNet.... Any one in malad Area using Fivenet... how is it?? is it reliable... reg the 1) Download speeds..2) Uptiime.. 3) Billing (shudnt be a concern on unlimited plans i guess...) problem is my cable operator is quoting very different rates from wat is given on FiveNet website... am interested in 2Mbps unlimnited connection... acc to fivenet website.. AS 2050 plan costs 1200/month... but my cable operator (Hrishi internet sertvices) charges Rs 2000/month... !!!!AS 1050 on website is give 350/moth.. (sounds too good to be true!!!) and my cable operator charges 700/moth for that... wat to do.. am ready to pay higher prices provided their service is good... and also wanted to know regarding the DC++ hub.. does it work in malad... and hows the download speed.. on the LAN... 10Mbs - 100Mbps.. wud be great downloading movies @ 5MB/s !!! keywords: speed, surfing speed, relaiblilty, billing, uptime, DC++, hub, tariff, malad, jankalyan nagar, hrishi internet

Update: talked to hrishi internet service... latest price quotation.. 5net - 2Mbps unlimited - 1400/monthpacenent - 1Mbps unlimited - 1400/month.. in terms of bandwidth obviuosly 5net makes absolute sense... but just want some ressuarance reg their service in malad... i have had pacenet before (3 yrs back..) so i know that their service is good.. very less downtime.. the pacenet guy came to my place he toh abv. told me to go for pacenet and said there is some speed issues with 5net internet.. so its better to go for pacenet... but thts understandable coz he wud get some commision only if i take pacenet .... so just wanted to have some reviews... waitin... gotta decide soon.. by tomm evening... waiting eagerly for some replies... thanx.. 🙂

never ever take pacenet..... its the worst connection i have ever come across.... with awful costumer service....

I totally agree with SOMESH.. pacenet is the worst service. They promise u 4mbs but the speed is 300kbps hardly. Plus the cable operator who buys bulk bandwidth from pacenet does his own JHOL / tweaking so tat you dont overuse the bandwidth.

PLS STAY AWAY FROM PACENET>. their customer service will NEVER accept that the server is down or slow. they keep saying ur pc is having an issue, check for virus, they make you PING yahoo etc. and refresh DNS, ask to restart and cut the call.

Pacenet is just making money becoz there are no other operators in MALAD WEST good enuf.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

HEY how can u believe that 5net has a problem from the mouth of its competitor.
Go to mouthshut.com and see reviews also.
PACENET SUCKS>. they cheat you.. u will NEVER get the speed they say .. nor get customer service

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Update: talked to hrishi internet service... latest price quotation..
5net - 2Mbps unlimited - 1400/month
pacenent - 1Mbps unlimited - 1400/month..
in terms of bandwidth obviuosly 5net makes absolute sense... but just want some ressuarance reg their service in malad... i have had pacenet before (3 yrs back..) so i know that their service is good.. very less downtime..
the pacenet guy came to my place he toh abv. told me to go for pacenet and said there is some speed issues with 5net internet.. so its better to go for pacenet... but thts understandable coz he wud get some commision only if i take pacenet ....

so just wanted to have some reviews... waitin... gotta decide soon.. by tomm evening... waiting eagerly for some replies...
thanx.. 🙂

HEY how can u believe that 5net has a problem from the mouth of its competitor.
Go to mouthshut.com and see reviews also.
PACENET SUCKS>. they cheat you.. u will NEVER get the speed they say .. nor get customer service

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

\
Here's a proof of Pacenet's POOR SPEED
I have paid Rs. 900 for 4mbps - 20gb plan
(Plan Code: 4Mbps_20GB)

Kbps stands for "kilobits per second," while Mbps stands for "megabits per second." Because one megabit is equal to 1024 kilobits, 1.0 Mbps is over 1000 times faster than 1.0 Kbps.Note that the lowercase "b" in Kbps and Mbps means "bit," not byte. One byte is equal to eight bits. For example, 2 MBps equals 16 Mbps. This is a small but important difference to be aware of. Data transfer rates are typically measured in bits, while data storage capacity is usually measured in bytes.Please do the math yourself.

I've had GREAT luck with both Pacenet and Fivenet. Used Pacenet for the past 5 or so years before I switched to Fivenet earlier this month. Using a 7k Rs annual plan for Fivenet with 10mbps unlimited. Gives me true speeds of upto 1MB/s, which is pretty spot on. Have downloaded over 1.4 TB in the past 4-5 months on Fivenet since I subscribed.People need to understand the difference between MB/s and mbps before commenting lol.

is fivenet good in malad, im using pacenet (via cable) ,1mbps ,700bucks unlimited, and im getting average 128 kb/s, so pretty good

is fivenet good in malad, im using pacenet (via cable) ,1mbps ,700bucks unlimited, and im getting average 128 kb/s, so pretty good

Hrishi in Malad Jankalyan area gets his 5net feed from Sonali, he has quoted me a rate of Rs. 17K plus taxes for the 10mbps unlimited connection which shows 9999 on the website.

Not sure if 5net is aware of the premium being charged on their services !!

Regards

^^He is taking u for a ride,recently renewed my plan(same one as above) and I paid 12,500/-.I stay in Dadar and have heard it is cheaper in some other places.

hey sum1 in chincholi area using five network?? plz help me...i m using agarwal cable with net4uindia...and this agarwal cable doesnt allow 5net services on his cable line...!!!! plz reply asap

Can anyon please provide me the contact for FIVE NET provider in Jankalyan Nagar? I tried 02228785008 ... but it asks for some extension. What is to be provided?Will appretiate reply ASAP.Thanks in advance.

Can anyon please provide me the contact for FIVE NET provider in Jankalyan Nagar?
I tried 02228785008 ... but it asks for some extension. What is to be provided?

Will appretiate reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Sonali is the authorised franchise of fivenet from goregaon to gorai ( half of borivali )

you can search for the number on justdial