Bsnl Connection Installation Time

• Thread starter Thread starter holycow
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 8,991

holycow

hi guyz, I am from Begumpet, Hyd and am thinking about taking a net conn. In my area we have only a few options like Sify, Aksh and BSNL. I am an extremely heavy user (more than 1 gb per day sometimes), so I am not sure which connection to go for... (Plan will be unlimited definetly 🙂 and speed around 256 Kbps)I am prefering to go for BSNL (I dont have a phone at home), but I heard that they take an extremely long time to setup the stuff (I was hearing around one or two months). Also their Customer Service sucks it seems. I want to know if this is true. Plz help me out.

QUOTE(HolyCow @ Jul 5 2006, 08:07 PM) [snapback]55128[/snapback]
hi guyz, I am from Begumpet, Hyd and am thinking about taking a net conn. In my area we have only a few options like Sify, Aksh and BSNL.

I am an extremely heavy user (more than 1 gb per day sometimes), so I am not sure which connection to go for... (Plan will be unlimited definetly 🙂 and speed around 256 Kbps)

I am prefering to go for BSNL (I dont have a phone at home), but I heard that they take an extremely long time to setup the stuff (I was hearing around one or two months). Also their Customer Service sucks it seems. I want to know if this is true. Plz help me out.
[/b]

Hi der,

Nice to hear u r frm hyd. Well in my opinion since u r a heavy net user more to b called as "Download Freak" , i wud honestly n seriously recommend u take this plan i.e BSNL's 'Home UL 900 Plus' which offers u unlimited upload n download usage n da speed dat comes wid this plan is 256 kBps only n montly u wud hav to pay Rs.900 along wid Rs.100 for ADSL modem as its montly rental charges. For further infos abt this plan scheme... click here for da complete idea abt this plan frm da main bsnl's dataone website.

Well since u dont hav a bsnl's tel. line.... am sorry wat u herd is true it wud take a month or two for da line to b implemented in ur area..... aft dat for broadband net it wud jus take a day or 2.... dats surely assured......

n yea of course da customer service sucks high tym.... sumtym dey wudn b helpul enuf to guide u properly on ur doubts n queries..... This is in da case of govt's bsnl only.....

da oder pvt companies like Sify, Airtel n Aksh..... da customer service is way better den u can eva imagine... dey wud b most kind n helpful n wud neva get frustrated by our silly queries....

n also i hav no idea abt da various plans n schemes of oder broandband net provider...... but i herd airtel n sify is gud most of da tym as compared to bsnl.....

Take care n Gud day!

A week is max for them to fully start ur connection. Yes their CC sux but their broadband rarely breaks down so i dont think u have to wrry about it.

It took exactly 2 days to get a new UL900plus connection and another 2 days to get the new ID and Password for ADSL, in Kolkata that is. The work order was issued to me on the same day when I submitted my application, on the next day the feasibility survey was made, and the day after I got the new connection and the new modem.

I'd suggest to enquire abt the quality of BSNL customer care in your own locality . And in Hyderabad , it is possible to get a new phone & broadband connection within 10 working days .if Airtel Broadband is available in Begumpet & you donot want BSNL , then you can go for Airtel . And I'd suggest to select either BSNL or Airtel for the Broadband connection in Hyderabad .

can sum1 pls provide info on aksh.in plans .... n customer service ..... in Hyderabad....

get airtel.. if u cant.. then get bsnl.. the rest will be a torturous time..btw.. its said that bsnl give the home ul plans faster for some reason.. apparently a friend of mine was told so when he applied for broadband.. so.. maybe that will help..(psst.. there is one advantage of bsnl nobody can match.. provided ur line is not port binded.. using a home 500 plan between 2-8.. but.. u din hear it from me.. )

Well, my uncle had to wait 1.5 months (yes!!!) to get his BSNL connection. so take this in mind.

here in kalyan, we have a waiting period of 6 months...there r working on october applications :madness::madness::madness:

Hi,Nice to hear that ur from Hyd coz i am too.In my case it took more than 5 mths to give a new connection(applied on jan 29th 07 and got it only yesterday).But mine was home500 plan as i alrdy have telephone.As somebody said may be they r providing it quickly for Ul900+ i dont know .But the lineman said that now bsnl will be giving new connection in 10days.IMO never go for private operators.they r bigtime suckers.One thing for sure with Bsnl is that they will never let u down with the quality of the service(i am not talking abt the after sale service ie cc help).Good download and upload rates>if at all u have any problem,go to the nearest exchange and use English lingo with the sarkari babus and thats all ,all problems will be sorted out immediately