Mutiple PCs on Fivenet?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ragin_Ice
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 5,784

Ragin_Ice

ISP
MTNL
Hello BBF users, this is my first post and a pleasure to be on such an active and insightful forum. I am abroad and my girlfriend resides at Kurla and is currently using Fivenet. She currently has a desktop computer at home. I want a Wifi Router installed at her place, so that she can also use her Nokia E63 phone to VOIP while someone is using her computer. Questions: 1. Now of what her brother has told me, only a single computer can be used on a connection? Is that a fact? Is there a work around? Does the connection only work with registered MAC ID? 2. What needs to be done to allow a Wifi Router to be connected and what would be the additional cost if any? 3. What do the folks using more than one computer do ? Also the ones who use a Wifi router. Thanks in advance.

1. Multiple connections can be used.2. You have to give them the router to be configured. The guy who I spoke to told me that he'd charge me Rs.300 to configure but I insisted that he do it free of charge and if he didn't I'd prefer not to use their services at all. He agreed. A little persuasion goes a long way.

Hello BBF users, this is my first post and a pleasure to be on such an active and insightful forum.

I am abroad and my girlfriend resides at Kurla and is currently using Fivenet.

She currently has a desktop computer at home. I want a Wifi Router installed at her place, so that she can also use her Nokia E63 phone to VOIP while someone is using her computer.

Questions:

1. Now of what her brother has told me, only a single computer can be used on a connection? Is that a fact? Is there a work around? Does the connection only work with registered MAC ID?

2. What needs to be done to allow a Wifi Router to be connected and what would be the additional cost if any?

3. What do the folks using more than one computer do ? Also the ones who use a Wifi router.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Frend,

Here is wat you need to do to use wifi router on five net.
1. Swith your router to bridge mode..(This will make your router to act like wifi but with LAN properties)
2. Ask your ISP to open your router's MAC id (Since they store MAC id and allow only one MAC id per user name)
3. Once this is done, turn on your wifi router and connect your pc, open windows dialer to dial PPPOe connection and thats it..here we go.. this should work since it worked for me.. let me know if you need any further help..(Hope this helps to be in touch with gf more) 🙂

Once you get the router connected just call up Fivenet they will guide u in setting up the router,no dialer is involved just on the router and you are ready to go this is what I did.

I have a wifi router. When I use wifi my internet on pc does not work and if I use internet on pc then my wifi does not work. I want both of them to work.What should I do ???????plz reply.....