Voyz.net Voip Equipments For India.- Make Free Calls To Usa & India.

• Thread starter Thread starter voyz.net
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 16,779
QUOTE(Search4India @ Jul 9 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]55433[/snapback]
Dear GavintSingh i m niether in Canada and nor in USA yet i use Skype for free calling there. The proxy which i use is not a public one so i can't share.
[/b]
Thats true all public proxy has been put up in blacklist by skype. I tried many of them none works.

The proxy which i use is not a public one so i can't share.[/b]

That's fine, but could u elaborate on how to force Skype to connect via proxy. ...i tried entering them in Skype's Options and IE but it still somehow manages to connect directly to the net. 🙁

I don't think u understood what am asking. Skype only uses IE's proxy config if it's unable to establish a direct connection. And i've tried blocking ports n stuff in the router but still i manages to bypass all of that. So how do u "force" it to connect via the specified proxy. I know it's possible in linux....but what abt windows.EDIT: would adding skype's authentication url in the HOSTS file work?

I copied what was written on that link to try it later. 🙂
I think skype might had made them to withdraw that blog
however you are lucky enough 😉

Code:
As several you might heard, Skype is offering free calls to landlines and cell phones to the US, BUT, this service is just oriented for US/Canada residents. People should be asking, how they detect the origin of the user? Well the question resides on the IP address. There are several companies that specialies on having a map of which ip addresses belong to which countries. The idea in here is to try to trick Skype servers where are you located.In order to acheive so heres what you need:- Personal firewall with advanced firewall blocking (in my case I used Sunbelt Kerio). - A working Socks proxy located in the US (preferrly Socks V5, and with good connection/latency, could check some free socks proxy lists on google and some might work for it)- Any version of SkypeSkype did some tricks on their program to prevent from this:1) If servers are reachable without using the socks proxy configured, it wont use the Socks server configured2) If you try to encapsulate the app with applications like SocksCap or ProxyCap it simply wont workThe idea in here would to block all traffic from skype.exe to ANY ip address, and just make it allow traffic to the socks proxy.So this guide will help you to get you up and working with your free calls to US1) Install Kerio Firewall.2) Install Skype3) Configure SkypeGo to Tools-> Options -> ConnectionsFill out the form with your socks proxy, save and close skype.4) Configuration of Kerio:Open the Kerio Windows, click on the 'Network Security' tab. Search in the 'Application' table from the right 'Any other application' and change it to ask for permission for 'Internet connection', and permit traffic out to trusted areas. Next you should create a 'Trusted area', this is for letting all the traffic that goes to the Socks Proxy pass thru the firewall. On the adapter select which adapter you are using to connect to the internet, Address Type, select 'IP address/range' and in the following 2 boxes put the socks proxy ip address. Click ok and that should be all the configuration required on Kerio.5) Fire up skype.exe again, this time it wont be able to connect rather than using the socks proxy. Try dialing a US number and it should be working :)If you have any questions or comments dont hestitate to post comments.
copied from link location http://blog.leetwebhosting.com/?postid=3
Nothing personal. 🙄

Seems simple and logical to me..U basically google for an open socks 5 proxy in canada/USA & put the details into ur skype connection settings Then u fire up ur firewall and create a rule to stop skype.exe from connecting to any other IP address other than ur proxy ...u shld have free calling after that 🙂

Your firewall must be buggy change that which is allowing skype.exe to connect to banned networks.

Actually i am not able find a working sock5 proxy. If i disconnect the access and give it the trusted zone(where proxy is mentioned) as done above skype always shows connecting never connects. Don't think it is a firewall problem.Anyway i just posted because waterloo asked it!

thats hard to find in Public ones. Gud Luck!

Well guys i m in die hard search for a service similar to www.virtualphoneline.com or www.buzzmax.com to have an Indian Number forwarded to either a US phone or SIP Phone. it seems that India is seriouly lagging in the VOIP era.

QUOTE(waterloo_sunset @ Jul 11 2006, 11:28 PM) [snapback]55592[/snapback]
Yea, thanx for posting. But now the tricky part is to find a fast US proxy with minimal latency. 🤔
[/b]

Do pm me if you find one. 😉

😉 Ok Guys, if you want to reinvent the wheel its your choice.

I use a Gizmo with free Incoming No. in Washington. When programmed ATA installed on Dataone in India, It works beautifully. USA Outgoing Calls AT 0.01 is really cheap and imagine recieving calls from anyone in USA/Canada/UK for free.

Most of us are having Free Long Distance during Nights and Weekends on our Mobile so imagine long chats to loved ones for hours in India for free................. 😀

Check Out my website http://www.compuguru4u.com/smartfone.html

I can program these ATAs remotely too for changing the service.

Looks like globe7 has stopped its offer of free $1 for international calls. Also, I think wengo has stopped giving free unlimited 2min calls. iCall isnt working for me... Im in pain!! 🙁