Unable to connect Reliance Netconnect Broadband + in Windows 7

ISP
Reliance Netconnect Broadband +
Dear All,

I'm using my laptop and running MS-Windows 7 Ultimate edition, now 4 days back i purchase Reliance Netconnect Broadband + it works proper for 1 day and on it's next day to till date , this device stops working. Whenever we dial this device for internet it gives below error:

" A Connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings."

I have re-installed this application almost 10 times, and also pass modem query but still it's not getting connected, i tried the same on MS-Windows XP and it works proper without any single error. My friend is also using his laptop with MS-Windows 7 Ultimate edition, on his laptop device is getting same error while connecting.

I lock case at reliance customer service center for the same, and they said that this device is compatible with MS-Windows 7 Ultimate edition, but when i talk with Reliance Technical Support center then Technical engineer told me that they have tested this device on MS-Windows 7 Professional Edition not on any other editions of Windows 7.

Guys reliance is really not supporting me on this issue, and they Technical expertise is also poor. The solution which i'm getting from them is like Use Orignal License of Windows 7 or Format your Laptop.

But this is not the right solution as per me.

Your reply will resolve my issue and i will be get connected to internet with you..

Thanks,
Arjun

Hello All,

I recently upgraded from Win XP Prof to WIN7 Prof. I have been using Reliance Net Connect Broadband Plus with device make as Huawei 1260. Even though the after manually installing the setup from the datacard, when I opened the Reliance Netconnect window to start using the internet, there wasn't any signal. An error used to come "Device is disconnected...". I searched on the net and found many work arounds some of them from this forum as well. But none helped. Then started to do it myself and after doing the below mentioed process, the Signal started to appear on the Reliance Netconnect window and I was able to use the device.

Task1:
a) Go to User Account Control Settings. Type in UAC, or go to the System and Security applet. Click on the "Change User Account Control Settings" link.
b) BTW, you can also type in this command from the Run menu: C:\Windows\System32\UserAccountControlSettings.exe
To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Task 2)

1) In WIN7, goto Start > Control Panel
2) Click on the 'Trouble Shooting' option on the Control Panel
3) On the Trouble Shooting Computer Problems window, click on 'Configure a Device' option under 'Hardware and Sound'
4) Hardware and Devices dialog appeared. I clicked on Next button
5) On the next page, a message appeared that my WIN7 is not configured (may be for security reasons) to download drivers automatically and install. Rather it was configured not to install and driver!
6) I selected the option of automatically downloading the driver and and applied the change.
7) Rebooted my machine
8) Inseted the USM Modem of Reliance Netconnect BB+. On the lower right panel, a pop up appeared displaying 'Installing Drivers....'
9) I installed the software from the data card and then invoked the Reliance Netconnect window.
10) Now I could see the singal on the window and was able to connect.

I hope that this procedure should work guys having problem using NetConnect with WIN7 prof.

- Atin

" A Connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings."

this error is not related to operating system but looks like you have not saved your username and password in netconnect window properly
or
your available balance/bandwidth is zero.