Need Lan Settings

indianarchie

Regular
ISP
MTNL Xpress Non-combo 650 Unltd.
I need to know the IP Address, Subnet Mask and the Default Gateway settings to be entered in the Properties window of the TCP/IP Properties dialog box. These have somehow gone away. I was unable to browse the net today, inspite of the router connecting, and the router properties (192.168.1.1) page showing the status as connected. On checking the TCP/IP properties, I noticed that all the settings were blank. I had written down the original DNS server settings, which I entered in the Preferred and Alternate DNS Servers area, but I dont remember the IP Address, Subnet mask and the Default gateway settings. Right now, it is set to obtain an IP address automatically, but earlier there were specific values for them. Can someone check and let me know what these settings are?

Just click on Automatic detect setting in your browser .It works fine for me.But still unable to browse then follows these stepsClick on OK to Save the DNS Server settings. If the PC requires rebootGo to My Computer - > Control Panel - > Network ConnectionsOpen the Connection which shall appear in the LAN or High Speed Internet section.Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) - > Properties - > Select OKThe TCP / IP properties window shall open. In the DNS Severs section Add the following DNSServers -203.94.227.70203.94.243.70Click on OK to Save the DNS Server settings. Reboot your Pc.still u want to check then go to dosprompt keeping your router ontype c:>ipconfigit should look likeMicrosoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.C:\Documents and Settings\Rahul>ipconfigWindows IP ConfigurationEthernet adapter Local Area Connection 5: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1PPP adapter Mtnl: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 59.183.39.14 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 59.183.39.14C:\Documents and Settings\Rahul>59.183.39.14 is my current ip . Your will be different but stating with 59.Do this process and check.Do let u know if u got still problem!

Thanks!I have already entered the DNS server settings. What I dont remember is the IP address, Subnet mask and the Default gateway. I have a feeling the gateway was 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2, but am not sure.

Actually theres no need for specifying any TCP/IP configuration values... Unless u want to do some port forwarding...In that case...IP Address: 192.168.1.2Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1Again the IP address u set completely depends on u... But make sure that u are adding the port-forwarding rules to the ip address that u have specified in this LAN configuration...