Frequent Disconnections

• Thread starter Thread starter gsgs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,424

gsgs

hello pplcame across this forum by chance and ever since have been stuck to it. Well, I hv 2 problems1.--------> USB or LAN? I know this topic hv been posted already but still no harm in a second opinion I guess. 🤔 2.---------> I'm not getting link during the noon time or after around 9 p.m or so until around 2 to 3 a.m. In the noon may its due to the traffice as all the offices are hooked on to net but damn even at 2 or 3 a.m.!!! Rest assured that no problems with my phone line as I recently got the BSNL people get it changed right up to the pole 😛 Plz help me out people..........as I need constant connectivity due to my profession and this is not helping me and if not resolved I vl be forced to go for another connection and even that is a problem coz I ain't got much of options available to me 🙁 In great anticipations....... :blink:

disconnection: as far as disconnection is concerned, this was not the case until yesterday night after 9. p.m. i got disconnected for the first time, i dont know what happned. I dont think, there is frequent disconnection as far as my area is concerned.

hmmmm.........dats not a bad thing I guess or is it???coz as for me...........I have it at least 50 times but only during the peak hrs (to precisly describe the duration in which the modem bugs me!) and I hv to restore to the gud ol' dialup else I lose work 🙁 result being I end up paying for both and to avoid that if I dnt get any help from all you guys out here..........I may have to consider another connection but even in that case.........my options are limitedMay be you too had a traffice problem ???

Are these disconnections happen from day one u bought the service or for a recent time?.I also faced some probs last two days.i called them and they said that its due to service maintenance and will be ok after 3-4 hours.Now its ok and i live in chennai.

Yes, now i am starting to get disconnections and/or getting connections very late, sometimes 15 to 20 minutes to get connection, no idea why, is BSNL loosing out their connectivity or is it bcos of many people getting connections these days!!!

Even my line is totally blocked out for the past 10 days. I get connected only for a limited hours and the speeds are PATHETIC... It seems there is a problem with the main line leading to my home town. Thats what they told me from BSNL and it was also put up on the newspaper that there is no connectivity at all during most of the hours. BSNL kinda sucks

friends.......my guess is traffice coz just like airtel more n' more people are getting on it and not to mention our govt. sectors who "leech" on to it during office hrs coz in the day time its during the office hrs epsecially the lunch break and later at night I guess ..........most of the chatting friends coz I must say that BSNL has a good stability and now with the 900 rs UL plan..........man!!!!and no its not from the day but just that the duration of disconnections have increased. I got a new wire from phone straight to my PC (got it changed recently after 57 calls!!!!) and I not more than 1-1/2 km from the exchange and not to mention I'm in Chd. If I need to reinstall and update the drivers as I got the 1.0.0.1 version ...........plz guideI guess........just like all you ppl out there ..............v' r' stuck!!!!! 🙁

QUOTE(gsgs @ Jun 30 2006, 11:52 PM) [snapback]54850[/snapback]
hello ppl

came across this forum by chance and ever since have been stuck to it. Well, I hv 2 problems

1.--------> USB or LAN? I know this topic hv been posted already but I think it wud help if I can hv an idea about wot the majority is sticking to?

2.---------> I'm not getting link during the noon time or after around 9 p.m or so until around 2 to 3 a.m. In the noon may its due to the traffice as all the offices are hooked on to net but damn even at 2 or 3 a.m.!!! Rest assured that no problems with my phone line as I recently got the BSNL people get it changed right up to the pole 😛

Plz help me out people..........as I need constant connectivity due to my profession and this is not helping me and if not resolved I vl be forced to go for another connection and even that is a problem coz I ain't got much of options available to me 🙁

In great anticipations.......
[/b]

c'mon friends........any suggestions???? I have tried banging my head with the BSNL ppl but first of all they don't pick up the damn phone...........and even if you get thru........no satisfactory reply. Once or twice I had been told by a gentleman that they will check my line and to keep my phone free for sometime........but of no avail...........(n' somehow I coudn't get to talk to that person again coz he seemed reasonable enufff............I wonder how come coz I called up at the same time and then every plus +6 hrs to rule out the shift change thingy)

shud I upgrade the drivers of my modem (Huawei SmartAX MT882) or get it replaced (which wnt be an easy task............n' I guess you guys must be aware why B) )

I hope all u' gud men out there vl cm forward with you're "expertise" coz its urgent as my livelihood depends on my connectivity........in other words...........for me its my roti, kapda aur makan :huh:

Just a couple of observations:1> Check your modem setting through web interface. Change WAN setting to RFC2864PureBridged.2> Often something called PORT has a problem. This is in the exchange where your phone line gets terminated. Bug BSNL to reset the port. They don't want to do it because they have to call up Bangalore.

QUOTE(aninda_d @ Jul 8 2006, 08:47 AM) [snapback]55308[/snapback]
Just a couple of observations:

1> Check your modem setting through web interface. Change WAN setting to RFC2864PureBridged.

[/b]

how?????? :blink:..............plz advice!

^ how are you connected to broadband --- thru USB / LAN ?
I'd suggest to use LAN . it is more stable than the USB .

what is your OS ? win xp - I guess . And are you using Modem directly to connect to the net or win xp dialer ? I'd suggest to use win xp dialer . for this you have to enter into modem's console .

switch on modem . type 192.168.1.1 in IE & go .
type admin both as user name & password .
goto wan settings . select RFC2684 pure bridged mode . save it .

now use win xp dialer with your user name & password . just try it .

complete details can be found on the forums here . use search feature .

you may visit http://calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/menu.html

hello frnds@ seshu .........im connected via LAN and yupp u're rite.........im on XP professional with SP2 and using the modem directly to connect.cn u tell (I may sound dumb but bear with me) that Y do I need the XP dialer? though I configured it but couldn't find the dialing number (for chandigarh)secondly............how is it different from dialuP?and as for my WAN settings it was already setup at RFC2684 pure bridged mode .......I really appreciate the help from ol you brilliant guys out there.may you cn give me a link where I can know about XP dialer. I tried d search in here but nothing to match my criteria.thanx once again........

your modem is in bridge mode , so you are using a shortcut on desktop to connect . I assume that this shortcut belongs to XP dialer or RASPPOE dialer or a dialup connection .

functionally there is no difference between a xp dialer and a dialup connection . And no dialing number is required to use it for the BSNL broadband . it is just a zero !

pls ignore the following if you already knew & checked it

can you give your network configuration sothat someone will analyze and guide you . ( for this look at Network --> TCP/IP-> your network card )

Give Gateway (usually 192.168.1.1) , IP Address (usually 192.168.1.2) ,
subnet mask (usually 255.255.255.0) , DNS configuration (can be 61.1.96.69 & 61.1.96.71) .

hello everybody,@Seshu my configuration goes as follows:Gateway (192.168.1.1)IP Address (192.168.1.100)subnet mask (255.255.255.0)DNS configuration (61.1.96.69 & 61.1.96.71)and rite again me using a desktop short to connect the modem 🙄 really appreciate the help

^ your configuration is correct . from your previous posts I understand that your phone cable has been recently changed & has no earthing/leak problems . I donot see anything wrong at your side . I am sure about this .

{ BTW , where do you keep your modem ? just above your CPU box ?
if it is so the frequencies from the CPU affect the functioning of your modem .
There should be a separator ( a wooden block / carton of modem / thermocol ) in between . }

I'd suggest to personally meet ( again ! ) the CO/Area Manager or JTO/DSE at your Exchange and give a written complaint about your problem . Get signature on a photocopy of the complaint as the acknowledgement . And see if they can solve it ...

They should check the connections at their server ports . They may suggest to replace your modem / network card . or they may even suggest to format your hard disk . just see their reaction and report back here .