• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 6,082

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
So I got kind of excited that superman Returns would be playing in Delhi (well technically Ghaziabad) in it's IMAX form (including four 3D scenes totalling 20 minutes), but then I came across this post which says that only the Hyderabad IMAX hall will show the proper 3D version but other cities' halls can't support it.

Someone planning on going to RAP Adlabs (Ghaziabad) please confirm!!!

Oh come on!!!! Someone from this forum must have seen this movie in IMAX!!!!Anyway, their advertisement yesterday pretty explicitly said that they would be showing those 20 minutes in 3D, so maybe Iwill take their word for it.

well i am still looking for someone to take me to the regular version of this movie. i really do not want to see this movie alone!

Well I almost did - but only to find out that the tickets were sold out after driving all the way to Naraina. Maybe I should start a separate thread, but:

Why is it that online booking sucks majorly and never works?
[*] PVR cinemas firstly does not support anything than (no prize for guessing it) Internet Explorer. It's so bad that even after getting a Username-Password, I could log in using IE but not Firefox. And It's not that I got an incompatibility error message - it said that an account with this username-password did not exist when I could log in using IE with the same exact u-p!!!!
[*] After entering all my card details and pressing the final confirmation button, the damn thing gave ame a 3-4 word error message to the tune of "Error - did not work" and I was left wondering whether it had charged me or not!!
[*] Wave cinema's online booking also is only supported on IE, but the awesome (and by awesome I mean totally stupid) thing is that after waiting for what seems to be a long @ss time for it to "download" movie data off its server, you select the movie and the theatre and when you click the movie time it says.... "Coming Soon" !!!!! WTF??? Coming soon?!?!? Why the hell do you have an online booking section if it's not operational!!!! arrrrgggghhhh!!!!!! Someone shoot me.... or better yet, shoot them!
[/list]Why is it such a hassle to get tickets in this damn city?
[*] Da Vinci code tickets were sold out a day in advance even after 2-3 weeks at Saket!!!! - WTF?
[*] Maybe I just have dumb luck, but 19 times out of 20 if I just go to a hall impromptu anytime past noon to see a movie, I am guaranteed to not get tickets. If I have to make my plan days in advance, then hell, why shouldn't I just download the movie and watch it in the comfort of my home (and not have to pay Rs. 45 for a f*ckin' fountain Pepsi).
[*] Can we please just please have credit card based vending machines for tickets (preferably with an electric shock feature for morons who take more than 3 minutes to buy a ticket).
[/list]I HATE these damn cinemas!!!

yup. i actually sent them this idea. they have a pretty huge network of halls in the Delhi NCR region and i cannot buy tickets to a different PVR hall from a particular PVR!they would already have a proper intranet in place. they can easily make each of their counter a place to get tickets for any of the halls in and around delhi. would make life much easier for all of us. but then i prefer DT Cinemas over PVR anyways. the seats in saket are cramped. and europa seat's are definitely not worthy of what i pay to sit there.

iMAX in India !!Does anyone know if there is anything like this in BLR ?I recall taking some old aunts to one when i was in NYC, they loved it.

Yeah, IMAX is awesome....Anyway, does anyone know personally (or otherwise) someone high up in PVR? I want to make a general complaint of the pathetic service that is being doled out to people, and am sure that a generic letter would be thrown in the dustbin even before it is opened!Please PM me.

Its very nice to discuss with you all guys before going for a movie....If its a nut movie.......no need to waste the money na..... 😛

nothing beats spiderman 2... i am waiting for spidey 3... would be darker. and i hope more awesome.

QUOTE(vebmetal @ Jun 30 2006, 01:27 AM) [snapback]54809[/snapback]
So I got kind of excited that superman Returns would be playing in Delhi (well technically Ghaziabad) in it's IMAX form (including four 3D scenes totalling 20 minutes), but then I came across this post which says that only the Hyderabad IMAX hall will show the proper 3D version but other cities' halls can't support it.

Someone planning on going to RAP Adlabs (Ghaziabad) please confirm!!!
[/b]

B) Your absolutely right! I was aso excited for 2 months. The 3D scenes were not supported properly; Rs150 should be in Prasads, Hybd, only. I couln't contact you as I have registered late; the time I was reading your message!!

I want the sequel of "Batman Begins" to be in 3D!

superman is awesome!! the best part about the movie was kal penn.. man that guy is awesome! im a big fan.. and hey, he even beats superman's a** in one part.. now we indians can claim that an indian beat superman up 😛

This movie blowed@sushubh, spidey 3 trailer is out and it's goona be awesome