Planning to take a 1 Mbps Reliance Broadnet Connection - Advise needed

• Thread starter Thread starter arunra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 11,262
Status
Not open for further replies.
its been over a month still no one came to us for the connection. (contacted through customer care)now again i made another request lets see waht happens for the 1 Mbps plan.................Shit Reliance............

The Reliance Tech Person is requesting me to take 1.2 Mbps WiMax Connection costing Rs.2,199 per month since he states this would be more stable than the Wireline Connection.

The 2 Mbps Wireline Connection costs about Rs.400 more than this, but I get 1 Mbps more speed.

I have been reading the forum posts and most of the Reliance Users do not provide good feedback about the Reliance Broadnet as such.

I am currently using Tata Indicom 2.0 Wireline Broadband 256 Kbps Plan.

Would you suggest that I stick to it and wait for Airtel Broadband to become feasible in my area (which the Airtel Tech ppl say would be in either 1 or 2 more months) rather than taking a Reliance Broadnet connection ?

hey,for your info reliance's wimax and wireline broadband division's are different.so the sales executives of their respective departments say their division's service is better.the sales executive get commision for a new connection provided by them.Also the sales executives most of the times have very little idea about the specification of the connection like they wouldn't know anything abt the upload speeds or the contention ratio.

I had the same experience,i wanted to take the wireline but the wimax executive told it was better.when i told him that i only wanted wireline,then he told me that they do only wimax.the wireline department is different and that i would have to contact them and wimax division won't help me

taking a reliance connection wont be a very smart choice if u ask me i am a reliance wimax customer and i am not at all satisfied with the service they are providing hav been using reliance since 2 months and my connection was not workin for 20 days , the customer service is very poor

Its been more than a month since I have started using Reliance WiMax 1Mbps Connection and I am completely satisfied with the Quality of Service provided by Reliance. I used to own Tata Indicom previously and gosh I used to suffer from disconnection problems every now and then.

With Reliance 1Mbps Connection, I am able to stream YouTube videos without buffering and download speeds fluctuate between 75KBps and 100KBps with which I am content with.

I am using it with a Static IP.

What about Latency & Packet Drops ?

post speedtest & pingtest results ( outside India)

i have been a customer or reliance for 3 years and was very satisfied until today .. i am facing packet loss problem due to which browsing is very slow and sometimes connectivity gets lost .. i called customer care yesterday ie 9th may and complained .. till today evening i got no response so i called then again only to be told that my ticket has been solved and the problem is ok .. i was like what the hell .. no one called me to solve my issue which is still persistent .. so today ive lodged a fresh complaint with them .. im facing packet loss anywhere between 10% - 25% ..

My internet keeps disconnecting every 5 min, I mean the world class login portal of Reliance logs me off every 5 min and when I call up the CC, they tell me someone will visit ur premises in another 24 hours, where as its more than 72 hours and no one is bothered to visit. when I called them again they have closed my complaint without any resolution. I was like God bless Reliance users !!!!!

My internet keeps disconnecting every 5 min, I mean the world class login portal of Reliance logs me off every 5 min and when I call up the CC, they tell me someone will visit ur premises in another 24 hours, where as its more than 72 hours and no one is bothered to visit. when I called them again they have closed my complaint without any resolution. I was like God bless Reliance users !!!!!

I understand your concern,piyush85. The disconnection problem seems to be with Dynamic IPs.
Try to get a Static IP from Reliance and I guess your problem would be solved.

I understand your concern,piyush85. The disconnection problem seems to be with Dynamic IPs.
Try to get a Static IP from Reliance and I guess your problem would be solved.

it doesn't happen with dynamic users of other ISP's

it shouldn't happen to reliance either

and some people like dynamic IPs

some like STATIC and also doesn't reliance cost for STATIC IPs,we should be paying to get a stable connection on top of what we are already paying

Status
Not open for further replies.