I Am Back On Sify Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter shouvik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,455
ISP
Airtel
I agree that Sify is bad but trust me guys, TATA INDICOM is the worst.

Last to last month on 20th of April 2006, I made the biggest mistake of my life and I know God will not forgive me for this. I took a TATA INDICOM BroadBand connection. I wrote a review on it here...

Story on how I got trapped into their plan:

Te other day this guy came to my home for a survey, he asked me if I own a PC and if I am using any ISP. I told them about Sify and that I am frustrated by their downtimes. The guy told me that he is from tata indicom and that tata has setup in my area and giving out internet connections. They promised me that tata indicom will provide me the following
[*]Atleast 40 KBPS download speed on 64 kbps connection since they provide connection on 1:1 ratio
[*]I can watch the latest hindi and english movies on their site @ 5 MBPS speed for FREE
[*]I will NOT get any downtimes ever.
[/list]But guess wot? he befooled me. None of the above promises actually worked, As pre his promise I got the following
[*]6 KBPS download speed.
[*]I called their customer care about this and they said I have to pay them for this service.
[*]I am getting downtimes for 15 days a months, the rest 15 days I can use my internet.
[/list]I applied for 3 months connection, this is the second month, and this is the second week my tata indi is still not working, I am totally frustrated by their customer care and I have finally switched back to Sify, i know Sify is bad but tata is the worst.

One of my friend is in Indian Express newspaper, I will ask him to publish an article on their newspaper on tata indicom and their fraud promises. I am not going to give back their router, I wont tell this to them but I will tell them that I will renew my connection next month so they will not take my router back.

Guys, seriously India needs a good ISP. It will be a dream come true if we have a good and reliable one.

when he said 64 kbps what on earth made u think tht u wud get 40KBps, the max u will get is 8KBps u shld atleast kno thtLatest hindi & english movies @ 5MBps frm site, tellme the site name

Where did u get the 5Mbps thing from?and most problems seem to occur in north (?)

54622[/snapback]
I agree that Sify is bad but trust me guys, TATA INDICOM is the worst.

Te other day this guy came to my home for a survey, he asked me if I own a PC and if I am using any ISP. I told them about Sify and that I am frustrated by their downtimes. The guy told me that he is from tata indicom and that tata has setup in my area and giving out internet connections. They promised me that tata indicom will provide me the following
  1. Atleast 40 KBPS download speed on 64 kbps connection since they provide connection on 1:1 ratio
  2. I can watch the latest hindi and english movies on their site]
    One of my friend is in Indian Express newspaper, I will ask him to publish an article on their newspaper on tata indicom and their fraud promises.
    [/b]
    LOL, good luck with that.

QUOTE(cancer10 @ Jun 27 2006, 08:23 AM) [snapback]54622[/snapback]I am not going to give back their router, I wont tell this to them but I will tell them that I will renew my connection next month so they will not take my router back.
    [/b]
    Heh, i'm sure your deposit would cover it.

If there is any lesson you take from this experience it should be never book in advance until you have verified whatever it is works reliably in the first place.

just remembered a hindi phrase"Laout ke buddhu ghar ko aya " 😛

Don't know about their broadband services, but the pathetic excuses they gave when I visited their Turbhe Office to complain about excessive billing on my mother's Tata Indicom cellphone were enough to bring the taste of soap to my mouth.

54631[/snapback]
when he said 64 kbps what on earth made u think tht u wud get 40KBps, the max u will get is 8KBps u shld atleast kno tht

Latest hindi & english movies]
Heh, your experience is typical of how a shrewd salesman handles an ignorant client in any area.

- He meant 40kbs not KBS.

- You might be able to watch movies if its on thier LAN, tho this would be slightly illegal. They prolly give you an ethernet connection with a 10Mbit LAN connection. This means they got a server with lots of bootleggged stuff and all you need to do is ask them how to access it.

I vaguely recall an aussie ISP trying to get away with the saem thing, they got busted promptly. With Bollywood in this country, its only a matter of time before the same applies here.

- Downtimes hehe, the best ISPs have downtimes, this i would take with a grain of salt. I can live with a few hrs/month downtime in the middle of the night for Airtel. Every day is another matter altogether.
LOL, good luck with that.
Heh, i'm sure your deposit would cover it.

If there is any lesson you take from this experience it should be never book in advance until you have verified whatever it is works reliably in the first place.
[/b]

Yaar the main thing is that his main AIM was to achieve his target by hook or by crook and he did it, do u know these guys are trained by TATA Indicom itself, what an irony 🙁

cancer welcome back. I never expected that the person can fool you!!! well.. as i said before sify is the best and cheapest isp in India.also .. if you r in good terms with cto its the best combination.

QUOTE(cancer10 @ Jun 27 2006, 11:56 PM) [snapback]54686[/snapback]
Yaar the main thing is that his main AIM was to achieve his target by hook or by crook and he did it, do u know these guys are trained by TATA Indicom itself, what an irony 🙁
[/b]
Heh, how naive can you be ?

An honest salesman is not usually a successful one. Not to say the successful one is always a crook but many times they withold the truth. The responsibility is on you the customer to verify before you buy. I hardly ever listen to salesmen when i'm in a shop, they are more like mosquitoes preying on the uninformed.

The great thing nowadays is you have the net where you can post and get the inside scoop on services & products a lot easier than before. The hard part is you have to do the homework and this can mean a ton of reading before you actually part with your money. You might find after this exercise you know the service/product better than the salesman trying to sell you something.

Another trick, call it the bait-and-switch, especially with consumer electronics is if they sense you have done your homework, he will say he has the product you are looking for but would you consider this *special* offer. This special offer is usually something different either something very new or has an unusual price therefore not well known and reserved for what they consider "problem" customers 🙂

He/She then proceeds to show you something you are totally ignorant of, and sell you something else instead of what you came to buy. If you are not careful he just might succeed and such a salesman would indeed be a very successful one.

Dishonest.... hardly 😛