• Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,199
Status
Not open for further replies.

mnreddy

ISP
Reliance Netconnect Broadband+
This is what Reliance is famous for...
when I bought this Reliance Netconnect BB+ when it was launched, I was really happy as I was getting good speeds and my work was getting done(I am not a heavy downloader). I use this connection for remote access to my work network.

but off late(past 3 to 4 months), the speed of the connection is terribly slow.
see the speed test results below..

I am planning to say good bye to Reliance and go back to Airtel wired broadband after my recent bitter experience with BSNL.

is it just me being unlucky here or is it a trend that everyone is seeing?

https://www.speedtest.net

Thanks for your time.

same with tata photon

when you are in Bangalore city limits, make sure to change the connection from HYBRID to HSD in netconnect > settings > Network , so that u wont get switched to cdma1x speeds

I always use 'HSD'. my problem is that I get slow speeds when on 'HSD' mode.my complaint is not about getting slow speed while in 'CDMA 1X' mode of connection.

same with tata photon

thanks for the info. I was hoping that 'other side of the grass is greener'. but looks like its not. :=)

How do you switch to HSD mode? I'm using Photon+ and in the dialer settings under Network the mode drop-down list is greyed out and shows "Hybrid".TIA

How do you switch to HSD mode? I'm using Photon+ and in the dialer settings under Network the mode drop-down list is greyed out and shows "Hybrid".
TIA

Option accessible when when you are not connected to the network, so click on the 'Disconnect' button and ideally that option should be available.

Now that this thread is alive again, any more comments on Speeds of EVDO connections like Tata Photon+ & Reliance Netconnect are going further down.
My personal experience is very bad, in spite of staying pretty close to TATA EVDO enabled tower and reporting ~300 to 350+ kBps speeds earlier when the service was launched now the speeds barely touch ~200 kBps at good times using DOWNLOAD MANAGERS only which is still fine but otherwise browsing experience and latency is not good at all + occasionally in spite of being in HSPA mode i still get very bad speeds as if there is a downtime 🙁

Status
Not open for further replies.