Dolby Prologic works with TATASKY :thumb:

vasanthallies

ISP
BSNL
Hi all....A good news to everyone...I have observed the following channel on which DOLBY PRO LOGIC is working...1)WB2)Star Movies3)Star world4)Discovery Science5)NGC6)Fox History7)Sun TV8)Sun MusicAll are coming in Dolby Prologic Setting....If u have a home theater or AV receiver with Dolby Prlogic Music or Movieu can get excellent surround sound...WB and Star Movies are best among these channels....When i was watching LOTR on WB then all intended Surround sound was comingfrom surround speakers....

Wow, are you even aware of what Pro Logic does? It's a decoding technology which converts a Stereo source to a 5.1 mix.

So what your receiver is doing is basically taking the stereo mix and converting it into five channels.

As per info here - Dolby Pro Logic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dolby Surround/Pro Logic is based on basic matrix technology. When a Dolby Surround soundtrack is created, four channels of sound are matrix-encoded into an ordinary stereo (two channel) sound track. The centre channel is encoded by placing it equally in the left and right channels; the rear channel is encoded using phase shift techniques. A Pro Logic decoder/processor unfolds the sound into the original 4.0 surround—left and right, center, and a single limited frequency-range (7 kHz low-pass filtered) mono rear channel—while systems lacking the decoder play back the audio as standard Stereo.

If channels are broadcasted with such Audio, then its really good experience.

As per info here - Dolby Pro Logic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If channels are broadcasted with such Audio, then its really good experience.

Which would make perfect sense if you were just talking about movies. But most TV Shows, are not recorded in surround, quite a select few are. Plus i'm skeptical about Sun TV Broadcasts being mixed in 5.1 let alone then compressed and broadcast.

For example "Two and a Half Men" a sitcom on Star World, although broadcast stateside in HD, only has a stereo mix.

Which would make perfect sense if you were just talking about movies. But most TV Shows, are not recorded in surround, quite a select few are. Plus i'm skeptical about Sun TV Broadcasts being mixed in 5.1 let alone then compressed and broadcast.

For example "Two and a Half Men" a sitcom on Star World, although broadcast stateside in HD, only has a stereo mix.
Normal TV shows may be not, but Discovery/NGC/History could be having Dolby Pro Logic Audio (need to check though).

Also I guess 'Sun TV Group' uses advanced technologies in broadcasting, they could be using such Audio for Movies & Music 🙂

Yes you guys are right..In Sun TV Prologic Decoding works only for Film movies... that too post 2000 movies....also on sun music most of the new songs comes in prologic... and mostly Sun pictures sound are too good...I think SUN TV has started to do his because of there HD TV broadcaste...But Star Movies and WB are consistantly good on Prologic.....

A total hometheatre experience for channels and movies that are supported by Dolby Prologic :thumbsup:

5.1 mix should be the best provided you are equipped with that type of speaker system to give audio credibility.