Problem Connecting To Triband

• Thread starter Thread starter nocaps
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,743

nocaps

ISP
Triband 949UL
I'm having problems connecting to Triband. it happened all of sudden since today around 11.00am. When I try to 'dial in' to Triband through my bridge-mode connection I get an error connecting through WAN miniport (PPPOE) [Error 678:The remote computer did not respond...hmmm....not very helpful]. It looks like a problem at my end but I've tried almost everything I could...tried alternative network cards, reinstalled NIC, making new connection, trying USB instead of LAN connection but no luck etc. The router Status page shows I'm connected and I can ping router and the LAN cards' IP. Any ideas what might be wrong?

nocaps, I faced a similar problem some time back.The solution for me was to keep attempting to connect, and after 4 or 5 tries it used to finally get connected, without changing anything.

I was not able to login from today(though i am on pppoe mode)morning around 10 amwas not up till 11:30 Now it is ok.

I have been online since 9.15 am today..havent faced a single problem till now. I am on PPPoE.

Thanks for the replies. It started working again, on its own, by the evening. Wonder what went wrong. Just wanted to share that it does not appear to be something at my end, contrary to what I suspected initially. That's because I tried almost everything I could and the problem was not resolved, and when it did get fixed it was without any intervention on my part. Hope it remains stable now. 🙄