4G in India

• Thread starter Thread starter mobiler0
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 44,086

mobiler0

ISP
AIRTEL
i would hardly believe if i use 3g in my phone using my airtel sim card .
and now trai wants india to match other countries , looking for 4g in india😱😱😕

TRAI Chairman J S Sarma "Yes. We are starting the process and would come out with a consultation paper to look into various issues relating to 4G telecom services,"
MORE INFO - TELECOM INDIA: TRAI Wants 4G In India

hmm. what is so unbelievable in that? we would eventually get everything. trai wants a lot of things. we all want a lot of things. it is the timing that is the important aspect here. 3G is technically already here. Wimax is also already here. 4G can be implemented pretty fast. the technology is there. the suppliers are there. you just need the will to have it. the biggest problem is the indian government and the bottlenecks created by the ministers who look at it as a big opportunity to make crores of money.

its unbelieveble to me why ? answer in our last para of ur replyuntil ops like airtel & voda start providing 3g ther will not b much competition , constant good speed... pvt ops shud come for comp to govt.

@admin we have everything, except the most important one 🙂 the spectrum

government has the ability to arrange everything. i am not sure if we do have a shortage of spectrum... the will has to be there. 🙂

Why don't we just skip 3G.Goto 5G. That is how long it will take for 3G to finally come to India. 😛

Looks like a joke to me. These people are struggling yet for 3G while other countries are preparing for 4G. There is no co-ordination between govt bodies. That is why we are facing problems now.

co-ordination & govt. bodies? that is an oxymoron, dude. 😛If you delay technology, you make it redundant. Digital stuff changes by the month.3G will become kind of a dinosaur in an year or two or three.I seriously believe the 3G bus may have missed India. Accept that fact and make sure 4G bus is not missed. Skip 3G and go for 4G.

I wish my Grandchildren could Use 3G in India 🙂4G and 5G in India.....for the Ones who Come from Pandora for Holidays

NEW DELHI: India has begun the process of introducing fourth-generation (4G) mobile wireless broadband services, even though the government has yet
to finalise a date for its long-pending 3G spectrum auction. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on Wednesday sought industry views on advanced 4G mobile systems, as it prepares a consultation paper on the new technology, that it said would be 10 times faster than 3G.

India eyes 4G mobile networks even as 3G stalls- Telecom-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

NEW DELHI: In an ambitious move, telecom regulator TRAI has kicked of discussions on the introduction of fourth generation (4G) mobile wireless
broadband services in India, even as the country awaits the launch of the long-pending auction of third-generation services. TRAI on Wednesday sought the industry’s response on this issue and said it was examining the possibility of launching a consultation process on 4G technologies.

4G or LTE is a successor to third and second generation networks with speed 10 times higher than 3G. Currently, all services offered by Indian telcos, except select offerings by BSNL and MTNL, are done using second-generation (2G) networks, which largely cater to the voice market.

4G takes shape even as 3G fails to come through- Telecom-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

4g was started in sprint usa i guesswhere u get minimum speed of 3.5mbps/dl and max of 10mbps currently by BSNL 3g im getting max of 1-1.2mbps

the biggest problem is the indian government and the bottlenecks created by the ministers who look at it as a big opportunity to make crores of money.

yeah they keep postponing 3g spectrum auction jan 2009 and then july 2009 jan 2010 now mid of 2010

i am sure private cos can provide when bsnl can do

its just the permission and auction of 3g spectrum!!!

I think 3G is not a priority since it is not seen as a feature that will be used by the masses.It is seen more of a corporate tool and for high-income users. How much is the monthly cost for 3G subscription , any idea? My guess is around 500 rupees at-least? That's not cheap for mobile internet.

I think 3G is not a priority since it is not seen as a feature that will be used by the masses.

It is seen more of a corporate tool and for high-income users.

How much is the monthly cost for 3G subscription , any idea? My guess is around 500 rupees at-least? That's not cheap for mobile internet.

if amt is ur concern how abt 270INR pm for 3g in bsnl

its actually a trick where u can get unlimited 2.5G Edge plan for 270INR pm and change settings in mobile and browse in 3G network with dl speed arounf 1mbps