4G in India

mobiler0

[OP]
Regulars
Jan 28, 2010
i would hardly believe if i use 3g in my phone using my airtel sim card .
and now trai wants india to match other countries , looking for 4g in india:eek::eek::confused:

TRAI Chairman J S Sarma "Yes. We are starting the process and would come out with a consultation paper to look into various issues relating to 4G telecom services,"
MORE INFO - TELECOM INDIA: TRAI Wants 4G In India

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
hmm. what is so unbelievable in that? we would eventually get everything. trai wants a lot of things. we all want a lot of things. it is the timing that is the important aspect here. 3G is technically already here. Wimax is also already here. 4G can be implemented pretty fast. the technology is there. the suppliers are there. you just need the will to have it. the biggest problem is the indian government and the bottlenecks created by the ministers who look at it as a big opportunity to make crores of money.

mobiler0

[OP]
Regulars
Jan 28, 2010
its unbelieveble to me why ? answer in our last para of ur replyuntil ops like airtel & voda start providing 3g ther will not b much competition , constant good speed... pvt ops shud come for comp to govt.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
government has the ability to arrange everything. i am not sure if we do have a shortage of spectrum... the will has to be there. :)

pudu123

Regular
Regulars
Sep 5, 2009
Why don't we just skip 3G.Goto 5G. That is how long it will take for 3G to finally come to India. :p

arnygn

Apr 9, 2009
Khammam, Andhra Pradesh
Looks like a joke to me. These people are struggling yet for 3G while other countries are preparing for 4G. There is no co-ordination between govt bodies. That is why we are facing problems now.

pudu123

Regular
Regulars
Sep 5, 2009
co-ordination & govt. bodies? that is an oxymoron, dude. :pIf you delay technology, you make it redundant. Digital stuff changes by the month.3G will become kind of a dinosaur in an year or two or three.I seriously believe the 3G bus may have missed India. Accept that fact and make sure 4G bus is not missed. Skip 3G and go for 4G.

rohitrohan

Regular
Regulars
Jun 23, 2009
I wish my Grandchildren could Use 3G in India :)4G and 5G in India.....for the Ones who Come from Pandora for Holidays

swaps22

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 3, 2008
NEW DELHI: India has begun the process of introducing fourth-generation (4G) mobile wireless broadband services, even though the government has yet
to finalise a date for its long-pending 3G spectrum auction. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on Wednesday sought industry views on advanced 4G mobile systems, as it prepares a consultation paper on the new technology, that it said would be 10 times faster than 3G.

India eyes 4G mobile networks even as 3G stalls- Telecom-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times