BSNL Broadband Usage History

• Thread starter Thread starter nandu_n
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 169,638

nandu_n

I would like to know whether it is LEGAL to connect a router using a single dataone connection (Home 500 Plan). Will BSNL allow the usage of routers in a home?

What kind of router are you talking about?

Do you want to replace BSNL's ADSL router with your own?
I dont think there is anything wrong with it. BSNL allows you
to buy your own router.
You will anyway only get one IP address and the bandwidth you will get is
based on the plan you subscribed for.

- netguru

Originally posted by nandu_n@Jul 8 2005, 01:19 PM
I would like to know whether it is LEGAL to connect a router using a single dataone connection (Home 500 Plan). Will BSNL allow the usage of routers in a home?
[snapback]15411[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm talking about D-Link Broadband router. Can I connect the ADSL modem to my own DLINK 4 port router.

My main question is

Can I connect more than one computer using a single dataone broadband connection at my home for 500 rupees plan Will BSNL allow this?

Originally posted by netguru@Jul 8 2005, 07:37 PM
What kind of router are you talking about?

Do you want to replace BSNL's ADSL router with your own?
I dont think there is anything wrong with it. BSNL allows you
to buy your own router.
You will anyway only get one IP address and the bandwidth you will get is
based on the plan you subscribed for.

- netguru
[snapback]15451[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, they allow u to do that till it's for non-commercial purposes...enjoy!!! 😀

Yes Mr. Nandu, you are free to use your D-Link DSL-504T! Its absolutely legal. Connecting more computers only means you are sharing the same bandwith. So, no hassles there. Enjoy!!!

Hello BSNL_CMD,

Can you let me know how you did the configuration in the router and the modem for the dataone broad band connection. I also need to connect multiple computers.
I have a D-Link Airplus G54 router.

Thanks,
LSK.

Originally posted by BSNL_CMD@Jul 8 2005, 01:51 PM
I have already done the sharing, the way u speak and we use it in the family that way.
[snapback]15472[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nothing much to configure. Its quite striaght line. Just do as per the Operating manual and connect all PCs to the Router. All will function on their own.Do NOT set IPs for each PC.

(1) Copy and Paste all the entries from the service record to a text editor, preferably NotePad and save the file on the desktop. Make two copies of this file and keep one as a backup.(2) Open MS Excel(3) Browse for the text file that you created in step 1 above (File | Open)(4) Select *** All Files *** from *** Files of Type *** drop down box (5) Press the Next button on the Wizard. There is no need to modify any thing.(6) You will view a list of all the entries on the MS Excel sheet as soon as you click the Finish button on the wizard.(7) Now you can calculate the total usage of your dataone connection very easily.Please note that some of the cells (mainly the flow column) will be separated by zero. So I would suggest you to keep a copy of the original text file which you created in step 1.There is no need to give any password to unreliable sites. Very easy.I feel that BSNL should provide a feature such as Export to MS Excel on the adminstration page. I found that BSNL has borrowed the web based adminstration application from Huwai.

it is riduiculous to expect each user to keep his account usage history for accounts purposes. More practical is the method followed by BSNL for dial-up accounts. They keep the account and if a user logs in to their web-site with the username and password, they promptly give the number of hours balance in the account,BSNL can develop similar software for DataOne and report the number of GB used by the User.P. Jayant

While using DIAS of BSNL we had a account admin page where we could see the total usage upto now.Why not the same be applied to Data one?

guys they have changed the bsnl usage website, now, there's a new column that identifies whether it is night unlimited or not, problem is I cant see my older records, and yesterday I overlapped into 8:46 and now it says its "excluding night unlimited usage" 🙁 . the total voulme it says is 6.3 GB (I'm allowed 5 GB), I cant see my older pages, so cant say whether it is including or excluding NU. If it is excluding, I'm #%^ed :wacko😱k just found out, it says "Traffic(KB)(excluding night unlimited)[Rs]" even for 2-8 am. maybe they have still to update this, but gives me chills, still 🤔

lol Traffic(KB)(excluding night unlimited)[Rs] is the column name n same for the cell content Traffic(KB)(excluding night unlimited)[Rs] ,they are makin the change ,,i tink it will display the kb's which u used in the mixed sessions . 😀 this will make the system more transparent ,guess for the better ,but many may find out that their billin is much worse lol 😛