Airtel Not changing my plan and started charging Rs 85 for Virus protection

• Thread starter Thread starter pslak1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,036

pslak1

ISP
BSNL
I had signup my parents for unlimited 256Kbps +Rs 100 free calls in Ghaziabad UP for Rs 899. Now when I checked Airtel website that they have Rs 649 plan offering the same. My parents called 121 and asked them to change the plan. Customer service rep from Airtel says there is no such plan and when my father provided him the plan number he simply said that this plan is not valid in your area. They also start charging Rs 85 extra to my bill automatically and when called said that it is for virus protection. My father said that they never asked for it and after lots of arguments they agreed to take it off from next month but they again charged it for current month. After calling on 121, it is the same argument and they said that it will be taken off next month. I don't know whom to contact to get it resolved. I am extremely unhappy with Airtel and thinking of switching back to BSNL. I live outside Indai and only way to contact Airtel is 121 number which only works from Airtel phone. Is there any number which I can call from outside India to talk to Airtel customer service? Please also suggest how to resolve this issue. I am extremely unsatisfied with Airtel's customer service. I choose Airtel to get better customer service but it looks like they are really bad in it.

For marketing and promotional reasons, Airtel does offer some plans in some cities and not in others, even within the same telecom circle.Customer care from Airtel is generally acknowledged to be very good.Whenever you speak to a CC person, get a service request number. Here in South India, they also give an Interaction ID number. Airtel has a policy of reimbursing all charges that were mistakenly charged AND crediting Rs.100 because of their error. This works: once when I migrated a broadband plan, they started charging me modem rental (when it was, in fact, owned by me). When I drew this to their attention, they reversed the charge in the next bill AND gave me Rs.100 credit.So persist with the matter of the virus protection charge and it should work out.I am not sure which circle Ghaziabad belongs to. If it is Delhi, call 011-44444121. If it is UP West, call 0522-4444121. Those numbers will get you Airtel customer care in Delhi and Lucknow respectively from any phone. (They work, I just dialed them from here in the South.) Note the Lucknow number is 7 digits, Delhi is 8 digits.On the bill, at the very bottom of the first page, are contact numbers for Nodal Officers and Appelate Authority. You can escalate the matter to them in the unlikely event you do not get satisfaction from CC.HTH.

Thanks a lot for providing the numbers. I was able to contact Airtel customer service. However, they are saying that PC Secure was downloaded on Dec 24 although broadband connection is used for VOIP only so there is some thing wrong. They agreed to take off charges for one month in next bill but I have to pay for one month. After lots of discussion they agreed to change the plan to 749 although initially they completely denied this plan(I had to discuss with 2 customer rep and point to exact website address). There are no specific plan for Ghaziabad on the website and they don't honor Delhi or UP west plan for it. Well, It seems I have to live with 749 plan for now. Hopefully they will change the plan in next 3 days as they promised.Thank you so much for your help!