• Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 6,918
Status
Not open for further replies.

zigma

Regular
ISP
five net
Also i would like to know if it is capable of covering the whole mumbai-navi mumbai territory(where hayai is present) something like fivenet is currently doing (I mean can all users on hayai network connect through DC like we now do on fivenet?)Thanks in advance.

Also i would like to know if it is capable of covering the whole mumbai-navi mumbai territory(where hayai is present) something like fivenet is currently doing (I mean can all users on hayai network connect through DC like we now do on fivenet?)

Thanks in advance.

Although it is not 100% accurate at this time (mostly a "best guess" at the moment), please refer to the coverage map on the website. Also, we are not using traditional cable networks, we don't cover the city in the same way that FiveNet does.

DC++ is possible on Hayai and is one of the best ways to get free, unlimited, very high speed transfers as part of the "Hayai Zone" - which in some areas is possible to get up to 1Gbit/s, assuming your computer supports it. This has all been discussed at great length in other threads.

so is it more like sify.. like new bombay users can connect among themselves and so do thane ppl.. etc

so is it more like sify.. like new bombay users can connect among themselves and so do thane ppl.. etc

If someone sets up a server that way, then yes, it would be a bit like Sify, except at 1Gbit/s. Otherwise our own DC++ servers would be available to all users.

All Hayai-Hayai transfers (between customers or from our servers), anywhere in India, are free, unlimited, and at a minimum network rate of 100Mbit/s (actual performance may vary depending on what the other user is doing and so forth).

As far as our servers go, we're implementing a sourceforge.net mirror (if they accept our application), a Windows Software Update Services server (so pretty much all MS patches and updates), as well as several Linux distros. And we're waiting for Akamai hardware, so that would include Apple updates and software.

Great so u plan to have ur own dc++ servers like fivenet.. i am sorry but i understand better by giving examples ..lolz

Hey, it would be great if you would give time to covering more areas rather than setting up loads of mirrors. 🙂

Hey, it would be great if you would give time to covering more areas rather than setting up loads of mirrors. 🙂

Well, actually the two tasks are handled by two different parts of the company. Mirrors etc are important in order to give all users - new and existing - a better overall experience.

I would hazard to say that the two go hand in hand, as mirrors help us reduce international bandwidth usage and thus free up monetary resources to do things like cover more areas 🙂

As far as our servers go, we're implementing a sourceforge.net mirror (if they accept our application), a Windows Software Update Services server (so pretty much all MS patches and updates), as well as several Linux distros. And we're waiting for Akamai hardware, so that would include Apple updates and software.

Wow, can't wait to see all this in action!

Status
Not open for further replies.