Airtel IPTV: Wi-fi connectivity problems after IPTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewl_anupam

ISP
Airtel Broadband DTH: Tata Sky
Its close to two months since I got IPTV installed and I have been facing wireless connectivity problems. The airtel guys had replaced my old modem with a Beetel 450 TC router as they told me that the existing modem would not support IPTV. Since then I constantly lose connection on my laptops and wifi enabled mobiles.I was previously using Beetel 440BX modem and was able to access internet on two different floors of my house without any issues. I called up the Airtel guys and they blamed my laptop for the issue. But there are problems with other devices which they are not ready to acknowledge. Is there some problem with this new modem? Or does IPTV hamper wireless connectivity in general?

mmm. i use my own wireless router and have not faced any connectivity problem. the only problem i face is with the iptv itself... when i am downloading at full throttle... the iptv feed becomes unstable and breaks.

I'm not facing any such problem.wifi works fine even with the iptv on.will switch to 1mbps plan next week,have not experienced any freezing issues as yet on the default plan.

i have to apply for magic@freedom plan myself. not happy getting 512k during the day time... 1mbps at nights have spoiled me already.

Its close to two months since I got IPTV installed and I have been facing wireless connectivity problems. The airtel guys had replaced my old modem with a Beetel 450 TC router as they told me that the existing modem would not support IPTV. Since then I constantly lose connection on my laptops and wifi enabled mobiles.I was previously using Beetel 440BX modem and was able to access internet on two different floors of my house without any issues. I called up the Airtel guys and they blamed my laptop for the issue. But there are problems with other devices which they are not ready to acknowledge. Is there some problem with this new modem? Or does IPTV hamper wireless connectivity in general?

I was facing the same problem with my equipment at home. The solution to this is very simple. The DHCP server was set to automatic DNS. Instead of auto I selected manual and fed the Primary and secondary DNS as given by airtel and then onwards not a single problem. Remember you have to login to 192.168.1.1 via your browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.