How to Enable Ftp service to share files with my friends using Utstarcom Router?

• Thread starter Thread starter _Avinash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 5,861

_Avinash

ISP
Bsnl
Hi & Hello to whoever reads this thread 😀How can Enable the FTP services on my pcI'm a BSNL Broadband user, trying to share files over internetI have done all the ways to make my Pc as a server, But it doesn't work:icry:I used Filezilla Ftp client, I also tried to configure port forward in my UTstarcom WA3002g4 Router...But none of the things get Better :icry:Can any one please help me, How to setup a FTP server! on a Utstarcom router & FileZilla Ftp clientThanks in Advance 😀~Avinash

You need to install a ftp server software on your pc if you want your friend to download files from your pc.

There are many available on the net.Just google for them.

Once you install the software you basically share a folder(s) which can be viewed by any modern browser by typing ftp://youripaddress:port/

You specify the port in ftp server software.Most of the times its 21.You can also use filezilla to access your ftp server (your pc)

The only modification to your router you will need to do is enable ftp from external network.

Now... everytime you connect to the net you will get a new ip address.This you will have to relay it to your friend telling what your ip is.I suppose you know how to find your own ip.
Since its a hassle to keep on checking for new ips..it better to use No-IP - Dynamic DNS, Static DNS for Your Dynamic IP which will give you a hostname like avinash.freeftp.com and which you can use anytime.No need for using ips to connect.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you so much.. found serv-u ftp client And No-IP online name.. thank i can now share with private and non-private data with friends having specific user name and access control..

FTP path /site link 🙁 not working from outside of my ADSL !!.. any Idea for 21 port can be used of my PC like 192.168.1.2 ?? when trying ftp://????no-ipHOST.myftp.org ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
it can get tricky getting ur ftp working make sure port 21 is forwarded, also... add an exception rule fort 21 in ur firewall and anti irus