• Thread starter Thread starter d00by
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 9,325

d00by

Regular
ISP
Airtel 1099 Explorer Unlimited
Can anyone suggest which is the best laptop in the market today in new delhi.I have a budget of 25-30,000What are the best options available in the market?What should one look for when buying a laptop when budget is a problem?Should one consider going for used laptops?Please reply point by point. 🙁 🙂

What is the intended usage for this laptop?Do you plan to use it just for Email/Surfing/MSOffice ?Do you plan to use to run Tally or some othe office S/W?Do you plan to use to to play latest games?If answer is yes for all these, then go for Thinkpad T-60 one of the best laptops money can buy. But that would be way out of your budget.So, answer depends on your intended usage of laptop.

With a budget of 25-30k you'll have limited options. A couple that come to my mind are celeron based notebooks from Acer and HP/Compaq. Compare their specs and go for the one which offers more bang for the buck. My friend owns a low-end Compaq laptop and from what i've seen, it can handle routine tasks like surfing, listening to music, running light/medium apps etc quite comfortably and looks quite decent too.

QUOTE(netfreak @ Jun 9 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]53670[/snapback]
What is the intended usage for this laptop?

Do you plan to use it just for Email/Surfing/MSOffice ?
Do you plan to use to run Tally or some othe office S/W?
Do you plan to use to to play latest games?

If answer is yes for all these, then go for Thinkpad T-60 one of the best laptops money can buy. But that would be way out of your budget.

So, answer depends on your intended usage of laptop.

[/b]

I intend to use it for surfing the web and transferring music to and fro from my ipod mainly.

I don't intend to use it for games although playing some of them would be nice! 🙂

Hopefully, It should also work with the new windows OS Vista with its 3D interface Aero! 🙂

any suggestions?

I found some used laptops on ebay india here

http://listings.ebay.in/Laptops_W0QQa10244...ListingItemList

QUOTE(waterloo_sunset @ Jun 10 2006, 03:14 AM) [snapback]53691[/snapback]
With a budget of 25-30k you'll have limited options. A couple that come to my mind are celeron based notebooks from Acer and HP/Compaq. Compare their specs and go for the one which offers more bang for the buck. My friend owns
a low-end Compaq laptop and from what i've seen, it can handle routine tasks like surfing, listening to music, running light/medium apps etc quite comfortably and looks quite decent too. [/b]

I went to the market today and had a look.

Boy, it was confusing.

But, I zeroed in on on two contendors.

Acer travelmate 2424 nwxci - Rs. 31,500
Lenovo C100 0761D7A - Rs. 35,000

Lenovo was offering extra gooding like free adsl router and reliance data card worth 6000 bucks. Lenovo also had 4.5 hours battery life (8 cells), 915 GM chipset.

Acer in comparsion offered 2.5 hours battery (6 cells), it had 910GML intel chipset.

I don't know whta this 910, 915 means.

also, lenovo was 15' monitor. Acer was 14.1 inches but it was wider.

I am still rooting for acer, but I also like Lenovo's battery.

What is this 910 and 915 chipset thingy?

Can you recommend a laptop for me?

chipsets are the ones that determine the feature of your motherboard. I dont think there is a significant difference between the two. But I would really recommend _not_ going in for Acer. Have heard / seen bad things about their products.