• Thread starter Thread starter coolbuddy_79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,212

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
ISP
TriB 749NU @ 2 mbps
i started this torrent download on BitComet around 3 weeks back and it finished last night...i'm not really worried about that, but what i'm worried about is i ended up downloading more than 3 GB extra...i really don't have any idea why so as the "rubbish data" is also not too much...though one thing i'd like to mention is that to download the files of the torrents one by one, i was changing priority (Very High/High/Normal/Banned) time to time...and once i noticed that around 6 files of the torrent which were downloaded quite a bit earlier started from 0%...so can anyone tell me where have i lost those downloaded GBs??? :blink:

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1527/torrent2np.jpg

once i noticed that around 6 files of the torrent which were downloaded quite a bit earlier started from 0%[/b]

this does not give u a hint? i am a bit confused...

Its a peer world out there pal. Nothing is accountable in there. As it said: 2. The data do not match the request, and are discarded This means that this data, although it may be perfectly good, was not the actual data requested by your client. The other peer sent the wrong data, your client does not know what to do with it, and so discards it. This is not tragic. It just means that the request will be made again until the data matching that request are received. 3. The data are corrupt, or incomplete, fail the hash check, and are discarded This means that the data sent on this occasion arrived in an unusable condition, and so were discarded. This is also not tragic. It just means that somewhere on the journey between the peer who sent the data and your client, something damaged the data. So your client will request that data again until it is received. Its a big posibility that something of the above two happened to you too.

hehe...someone seems to be poisoning the traffic 😛

Wow...Its not his fault dude. This kinda stuff happens and its perfectly normal. Its just his case is what we call "worse case scenario".

Ur client is not differentiating between rubbish and proper data. Its counting rubbish data as part of the downloaded file. Try updating to the latest BC version or use utorrent.

never happened wid me...u r the 1st case...may b u dont no how to use torrents[/b]

dude, don't make nonsense comments if u don't know the answer 😛

and to others, to me it really doesn't seem discarded/rubbish data...i lost all those data suddenly when i restarted those torrents...if u read my first post carefully, u'll know what i'm talking about...and yes, it's been almost 4 yrs i'm using torrents so pls don't make nonsense comments like that noob!!! 🙂

and yes utorrent gives u less speed/seeds on the same tracker/torrent in comparision to BitComet, in case u guys don't know that...don't believe me, check urself by running the same torrent in BitComet and utorrent one by one...don't know how to do that, ask me... 😀

QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Jun 11 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]53747[/snapback]
and yes utorrent gives u less speed/seeds on the same tracker/torrent in comparision to BitComet..
[/b]

never noticed that, i use both..yes Utorrent takes a while to pick up speed but when it gets going its as good as bitcomet