• Thread starter Thread starter max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,961

max

Regulars
ISP
MTNL
Yes, I unfortunately use this ISP. On the last wednesday i.e. 31st May, there was heavy lightning and rain in Mumbai. This stupid ISP's switches got damaged in that 3 hours of lightning. And today, after 7 days their retarded network is still not up and running in Andheri. And it will require atleast another 4 days to get it working! a$$ holes!

Dewd dont sweat it pal. One of every 2 guyz here curse their ISPs.This is an open forum for cyber stoning Indian ISPz.Keep the good work up all of ya.. 😛

Well i got a better Idea.....Stop switchin ISPs and start switchin Countries!!! So whose up for sweden and korea...xD>?

Max man , even Pacenet was screwed up in my area for a couple of hours, but I later found out from my friendly CTO that it was he who had unplugged the open-air switches and was doin some kind of covering up so that they wont be affected in the rains to come.

Overhead cables are very suseptable, count yourself lucky it did not damage your pc. I lost a NIC once due to this. Some one else on this board mentioned losing a mobo.Is it possible at all for an ISP to use underground cables in Mumbai ?Where i live Tata & Airtel did not seem to have much problems digging on the sides of the roads. Not had a hard strike nearby yet so feeling confident, time will tell.

Hmm...no probs of burning my NIC or Mobo. The LAN cable plugs into my home made router. So if the NIC burns it wont be much of a prob (except my entire house will lose connectivity!). My real desktop PCs will be safe and sound 🙂

7Star's Internet & cable TV services aint working since the rainsit must be a problem with the CTO

QUOTE(max @ Jun 7 2006, 12:45 AM) [snapback]53469[/snapback]
Hmm...no probs of burning my NIC or Mobo. The LAN cable plugs into my home made router. So if the NIC burns it wont be much of a prob (except my entire house will lose connectivity!). My real desktop PCs will be safe and sound 🙂
[/b]

kulll!!! 😛 🙄