Reliance Powersurfer Sucks Big Time!

max

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
Yes, I unfortunately use this ISP. On the last wednesday i.e. 31st May, there was heavy lightning and rain in Mumbai. This stupid ISP's switches got damaged in that 3 hours of lightning. And today, after 7 days their retarded network is still not up and running in Andheri. And it will require atleast another 4 days to get it working! a$$ holes!

LoneCrusader

Regular
Regulars
May 8, 2006
Dewd dont sweat it pal. One of every 2 guyz here curse their ISPs.This is an open forum for cyber stoning Indian ISPz.Keep the good work up all of ya.. :p

max

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
heh. Am I the only one using Reliance powersurfer??! :p

LoneCrusader

Regular
Regulars
May 8, 2006
Well i got a better Idea.....Stop switchin ISPs and start switchin Countries!!! So whose up for sweden and korea...xD>?

aniketvb

Linuxguy
Regulars
Oct 2, 2005
Max man , even Pacenet was screwed up in my area for a couple of hours, but I later found out from my friendly CTO that it was he who had unplugged the open-air switches and was doin some kind of covering up so that they wont be affected in the rains to come.

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
May 26, 2005
Overhead cables are very suseptable, count yourself lucky it did not damage your pc. I lost a NIC once due to this. Some one else on this board mentioned losing a mobo.Is it possible at all for an ISP to use underground cables in Mumbai ?Where i live Tata & Airtel did not seem to have much problems digging on the sides of the roads. Not had a hard strike nearby yet so feeling confident, time will tell.

max

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
Hmm...no probs of burning my NIC or Mobo. The LAN cable plugs into my home made router. So if the NIC burns it wont be much of a prob (except my entire house will lose connectivity!). My real desktop PCs will be safe and sound :)

devil

Regular
Regulars
Apr 4, 2006
7Star's Internet & cable TV services aint working since the rainsit must be a problem with the CTO

gsgs

Regulars
Jun 30, 2006
QUOTE(max @ Jun 7 2006, 12:45 AM) [snapback]53469[/snapback]
Hmm...no probs of burning my NIC or Mobo. The LAN cable plugs into my home made router. So if the NIC burns it wont be much of a prob (except my entire house will lose connectivity!). My real desktop PCs will be safe and sound :)
[/b]

kulll!!! :p :rolleyes: