Best Broadband In Mumbai (lokhandwala Area)

• Thread starter Thread starter helloanand
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 10,955

helloanand

I am moving down to Mumbai in the next 7-10 days in the Andheri (W) Lokhandwala area and am hunting for a decent broadband provider. After reading horror stories on almost all the providers, I decided to post this messge, so that I can get some help finding the least horrible provider out there (I know they all suck!).So my parameters are: 1. Unlimited hours and unlimited usage2. 512 kbps speed minimum3. Static IP (highly desired as I am going to host my own web/mail server)Can you guys please recommend a good enough broadband provider in the Lokhandwala area, that I can go with?Thanks in advance for your help

I think airtel provides services in lokhandwala area.. just check it with them

512 kbps unlimited... You will have to pay lots of money to get that kind of connectivity at home. Another option would be to hire colocation space with some mumbai based host and park a laptop there. You can get 10 mbps for 3k per month.You can RDP to that laptop from "regular" broadband connection.

airtel has no 512kbps unlimited plan.i would suggest you to get a bsnl data one broadband connection with home 900plus package.it offers unlimited downloads at 256kbps for rs900/month only.

QUOTE(spdf @ Jun 5 2006, 02:36 PM) [snapback]53309[/snapback]
But i doubt whether Airtel have 512K unlimited one...
[/b]
😛

QUOTE(hotindia @ Jun 5 2006, 04:52 PM) [snapback]53320[/snapback]
airtel has no 512kbps unlimited plan.i would suggest you to get a bsnl data one broadband connection with home 900plus package.it offers unlimited downloads at 256kbps for rs900/month only.
[/b]

Currently, in Ahmedabad, I have an unlimited package from Tata Indicom at 256 kbps for Rs. 1600. When I compare the prices for Tata indicom between Ahmedabad and Mumbai there are price discrepancies.

For Mumbai, they list Business Plus - 20000 at Rs. 13,475.
For Ahmedabad, they list the same one at Rs. 5,900

The above has a cap of 20 GB, which is almost as good as unlimited for me.

Dont know whether the price discrepancy is on purpose or they forgot to update their webpage :angry:

tata indicoms 256kbps unlimited pack is currently available for rs1200/monththere has been a slash in prices after bsnl announced its unlimited plan for rs900/month

Airtel isn't available in all areas especially in Lokhandwala. I found out from my friend that its available in 2 buildings only and Lokhandwala area is HUGE! It will take time (about a year or so) for them to spread their network...

Thank you everyone for responding. One thing that I forgot to mentioned is that I dont want to get a telephone landline. I just need a broadband connection. I guess that for both BSNL and MTNL, you have to get a phone from them as well.I am going to live in a rented place and so dont want to apply for a telephone connection. So assuming the above to be true, BSNL and MTNL is out of the equation for now.How is Tata Indicom in the Lokhandwala area?

see i think 7star, Powersurfer are available. 7star has been taken over by VSNL. Before the takeover I know for sure their uptime was good. But I dunno about the public IP or port blocking policy of VSNL. Powersurfer gives you a public IP and it doesnt block ports but you will have to suffer downtimes like I am. This is the 8th day of no connectivity for the ENTIRE ANDHERI AREA! Oh and did I mention the speeds arent that great on powersurfer?

i have moved into the 7 bungalows area also......i wud b playing games like guild wars,world of warcraft...can anybody suggest what would b the cost to have a decent connection taken and what are the options other than 7 star....cause i hv delt with thm in the past and the exeperience has been horrific....

QUOTE(helloanand @ Jun 5 2006, 11:06 AM) [snapback]53292[/snapback]
I am moving down to Mumbai in the next 7-10 days in the Andheri (W) Lokhandwala area and am hunting for a decent broadband provider. After reading horror stories on almost all the providers, I decided to post this messge, so that I can get some help finding the least horrible provider out there (I know they all suck!).

So my parameters are:
1. Unlimited hours and unlimited usage
2. 512 kbps speed minimum
3. Static IP (highly desired as I am going to host my own web/mail server)

Can you guys please recommend a good enough broadband provider in the Lokhandwala area, that I can go with?

Thanks in advance for your help
[/b]

Tata Indicom SUCKS! Those SOB retards collected a cheque and did fill out the paperwork and after 15 days, they returned back the cheque. There was cover letter sent. Just a goddamn cheque in an envelope. When I called them to ask why they returned the cheque they told me that it was not feasible for them to provide me with a broadband connectivity. This is right in the center of the Shastri Nagar area. Morons. It took them 15 days to find out whether they can provide a connection or not. And everytime during those 15 days, whenever I called them (and I called them 2-3 times a day), they told me that the connection would be setup the next day. What kind of retarded approach is this?

i think u can try 7Star if its availaible in ur areaAFAIK they do provide Static IP at a yearly cost