Which Adsl Modem Should I Buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Shrish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 16,692
QUOTE(seshu @ Aug 30 2006, 07:13 PM) [snapback]60549[/snapback]
^ @naveeng , you need to check your network configuration .
see the details here :
http://www.bangaloretelecom.com/dataone/user_manual.htm
[/b]

thanks man.. i reconfigured my connection .. am now using bridge mode in my connection setting and its working fine.. i need to dial my connection although but it works fine but for 1 problem.. there is a lot of ADSL signal fluctuation in my area and once the signal goes off and comes back on the dataone connection has to be disconnected and reconnected.. any remedy for this..?

is this prob coz of bridge mode and dial method or a general D-Link prob..

Product InformationModel Number GLB-502THW Revision P1R4USB PID 0x6060USB VID 0x0451Ethernet MAC 00:17:7C:00:2D:14DSL MAC 00:00:10:00:25:09USB MAC 00:E0:A6:66:41:ECUSB Host MAC 00:E0:A6:66:41:E1Software VersionsGateway 3.7.0BSoftware Version 3.7.0B.0ATM Driver 5.00.07.01DSL HAL 5.00.05.00DSL Datapump 6.01.04.00 Annex ASAR HAL 01.07.2bPDSP Firmware 0.52Boot Loader 1.2.1.5this is wat is there in the router.. is this it or wher should i find the firmware version no?

^ pls check the firmware version number at Tools --> firmware
edit : or look at Status --> Device info

Is BSNL DataOne Modem a Time Bomb for other Brands Modems?Hi Everyone,Have you finally purchased the BSNL provided modem after long try of using the modem you purchased from your nearby shop or from other private suppliers?Here I am also one of the victim but with great escape from buying BSNL modem.I tell the story …I am a computer reseller trying to sell a Branded modem to my regular customers. I installed 10 to 12 modems to my customer place. Here the problem arise. When my customers try to open websites like yahoo or rediff. The first page will open quickly. And after giving their username and password the browser shows “Page can’t display error message” and also some times page opens normally some other times it won’t.I try to contact BSNL customer support. I went to BSNL office and inform them about the problem. Every time they try to teach me ABCD and their spoon feeding lessons. Finally they recommend me to buy their BSNL’s DataOne branded modem. I ask them to demonstrate their modem. Finally they provide me a modem that was working great without “Page can’t display error message”. At the same time I removed their modem and try to browse using my modem. Using my modem I often get “Page can’t display error message”. How could this can be happed and my modem is also a class 1 and certified modem?I contact my modem supplier and my supplier said confidently this is a good modem. Finally I contact my modem supplier technical support and they help me to pinpoint the problem. Regarding this problem I contact BSNL officials more than one week. But my supplier solve my problem within 30 Minutes.Here is my point is privatization is good and must in Public sector. BSNL customer service is very very poor and no one pickup the phone after 5:30 PM. Very very lazy people just only come to office to pass their day.This is the full story. The DNS server address provided by BSNL 61.1.96.69 and 61.1.96.71 is pre planned with master mindedly working only with BSNL Dataone modem only. This is a Time Bomb to other private modem brand and private modem supplier.Why they pre planned and indirectly force customer to buy BSNL Modem only? This is the idea of Our Indian Minister getting good commission from the regular supplier and give them regular order of modem without loosing his\her regular bribe commission.How did I over come from the problem? The Answer is I stopped using BSNL’s DNS Server and I am using public DNS server IP as my default DNL server. The problem is over and no “Page can’t be display error message” and now I can browse without error messages. So wisely change your DNS server and escape from BNSL Time Bomb.

dude...some DSL specific values might've been set in their modem which were not set in yours. Check it out...!

Hi people, In GLB-502T, some times it does as you say, especially when you connect with the UPS, and If you enable "On Demand" in the setup it behaves like that. So check your configuration settings guys. In Bsnl Modem used to hang sometimes, or Usb won't respond, sofar these are my experiences, recently they changed the modem manufacturer, so might be rectified. But the speed is good, will it be continued ....??