Im Thinking Of Applyinf For 128kbps Unlimited...is It Good ?

• Thread starter Thread starter sam_affable
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,436
Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_affable

Hi , I stay in Hyd , yesterday i applied for bsnl dataone home UL 900 plan (256kbps unlimited) which is good but the bad is ...the upload speed is 64kbps ...Im a big torrent freak and i read tht there is a problem with most of the p2p coz the upload speed is low ....so i was thinking of canceling my dataone connection and apply for tatabroadband 128kbps unlimited ...and since its SDSL the downlod/upload speed should be same . how is tatabroadband ??...some say its bad ans some say its good ....i heard that tata is a hit in kerala ...duno in hyd...need feedback/help/info regarding tata broadband and how is it ?.....thankx in adavnce.

I'll suggest dont get rid of BSNl right now.Take TATA for a month.see how it is and then get rid of BSNL..But having said dat, TATA's speeds are usually good..and yes upload is same as download so good for torrents..I do sometimes get downtime with TATA..but speeds are 32kBps constant.

Hey muttster, I am from Mumbai.Could you please tell me :1. What speeds do u get on Tata 256 u/l?2. How mech does it cost?tata indicom guys are installing their router on my building, and I am fed up with Hathway, so was wondering whether should shift over to Tata

presently tata 256kbps unlimited costs rs1200/month and the bandwith is dedicated with share ratio 1:1 so speed remains constant.so you should get 32KB/SEC CONSTANT DOWNLOAD SPEED.how much hathway 256ul costs?what speed do you get on it?

Im on the prepaid thingy.they dont have postpaid.lasttime i paid rs. 1796..the pings are horrible tho.280ms to singapore.useless for online gaming..speeds were bad initially.i called..whined and whined.they had a tech (probably level2) call up and he said must be somethng wrong wid bandwidth allocation.so since then speeds good.32kBps on d/l.about 180-200kbps browsing speeds usually

Hotindia, I paid Rs.5584/- for 6 months of unlimited 256 Kbps connectivity (a mistake, I shouldn't have gone for that plan). Hathway gives 20 to 24 KB/sec speed, not more than that. Usually, for good torrents, the max speed I get is 20 KB/sec, and to dl a 4.3 GB file, it takes me some 3 days atleast. That's why I wanted to switch over. Airtel is not available in my area, as also Exatt. When I called them up, they said, they are not even planning to come in my area. The only options I have are hathway, Sify, and Tata, and of course MTNL, but MTNL doesn't have full day ul plan. So I am deciding between Sify and Tata. Considering, Tata is the biggest gateway, and hoping for some good plans in near future, I might go for Tata. Does Tata allow DC hubs?

If they provide the services throught the local CTO infrastrcuture, that is along with other ISPs like Pacenet, Sify etc., you'll have a LAN, or else not.

Dont take tata indicom, you will take only 15 days uptime in a month, the rest days u ave to sit idle, dont believe me? ask other tata indi customers

freinds! I paid for 5 months and guess what ? I subscribed for 256 kbps connection and tata gave me not even a 50 kbps connection..And to add to it when I tried to register a complain with the tata people to get my problem sorted ..the customer care people sitting in hyderabad greeted me with verbal abuses..and the tata indicom broadband manager of kolkata disconnected the phone on my face..telling me that he is out of town...So remember if you land up in problem with some connection problems with tata indicom connection...Get ready for verbal abuses and some misbehaviours..in the site they say "Experience super- fast Internet from Tata Indicom Broadband. High – speed Tata Indicom Broadband is brought to you by VSNL – the people who introduced Internet in India. Avail of great offers on broadband installation charges, services and more. With a wide range of content from movies, music to business services, no matter what your Internet needs, Tata Indicom Broadband has value-for money tariff plans for you. " they must add this lines..You will also get some verbal abuses and misbehaviour as part of their customer service"Guess TATA is becoming a LEADING SERVICE PROVIDER!!!God help their customers

Status
Not open for further replies.