how to share sify broadband b/w a pc and a laptop ?

• Thread starter Thread starter cybot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 7,101

cybot

Sify SUX !!!
ISP
Sify
Hi guys. how are yall'. I am planning to buy a laptop the next week. I am rite now using sify ka 256kbps unlimited.. i was wondering if i could share the internet connection b/w my pc and the laptop. I called the customer care today in this regards.. they said they allow this type of connection sharing... so it means wat i want is legit . I tried to talk further but then the great sify customer care (CC) they disconnected.. tried it 2-3 times.. and same happened.. dunno y.. so wat i want to know guys is that if this is possible. if so then how.. i am a newbie.. so a basic explanation of how t setup things and/or a intuitive guide would suffice too..wat i ideally want is..i have a stationary desktop machine on which i am currently using my net connection.i want this connection to be shared with my laptop... i would want wireless kinda stuff so that i could roam in any of my room and access the net (if the hardware cost is cheap will go for this method)or simply a fixed wire that goes into my lappy and the connection is shared..guys tell me how do i proceed and wat all hardware would i need.. can this be self done.. or would need the help of my CTO ?

gentle bump

use mtnl for smooth functioning of sharing...in sify there are two mac ids to be given to customer care... reply back if u get stuck !