What Is The Charge For Excess Download For Plan "speed 256 Kbps"

• Thread starter Thread starter applegrew
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,561

applegrew

My broadband connection was setup on 24-3-06 at my home. It had 2 months of free internet. I was not aware of the 400MB data transfer limit until few days back. Since then I am in a terrible state of mind because I have done a data transfer of 20.027 GB for the three months (March, April, May) combined! Which means 19707.648 MB excess! The plan according to site is "Speed 256 kbps". Can you tell me what is the charge for excess download for this plan? According to BSNL's notice, the data transfer limit will be according to "Home 256" (i.e. 400MB), but it makes no mention of the excess data charge rate. I have yet not received any bill from BSNL.

2 months of free internet 😱 who told you that? You have to pay Rs 1.4 per MB. Be ready for a huge bill.

Bill + Service Tax = Total Bill27590.70 + 3310.88 = 30901.58/- Note : I was too intimidated by the final bill that i dare not calculate the education cess tax on it.

Curse BSNL. They don't inform their customers properly about their plans. And you should have first confirmed with BSNL about "free" internet.Now that this has happened, you can ask the officials to shift you to a higher plan for these three months. And your bill will be reduced. Also, please tell whether you did this download during night or during day.

I did the internet through day and night. As for the bill. Can anyone tell me how does BSNL send their broadband bill? Is it sent seperately or merged with the telephone bill? Yesterday I received march & april's telephone bill. It was of Rs.1500 (about).

QUOTE(Apple Grew @ Jun 3 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]53089[/snapback]
I did the internet through day and night. As for the bill. Can anyone tell me how does BSNL send their broadband bill? Is it sent seperately or merged with the telephone bill? Yesterday I received march & april's telephone bill. It was of Rs.1500 (about).
[/b]

It is included in regular phone bill itself. The details are printed in the large blank area in the middle of the page (below meter reading details) where Educations cess, rent from month to month etc details are given.