Which Connection To Choose?

• Thread starter Thread starter Arinux
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,252
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arinux

Hey all ,Right now i am on sify broadband, to be very frank , the service they provide is pathetic.My CTO sucks and my net is down around 3 days in a week.Recently tata indicom has launched their services in our area.I am not sure what kind of connectivity they will provide that is adsl or ethernet.Though theeir prices are bit high is it worth going for them?I am looking for that 128kbps plan as they have slashed the prices to 800.Can't afford on a 256 as i am not sure on their service quality.More over hows the performance of 128 k on online games like Americas Army.Any body ever tried that?Hoping for a positive reply.

well VSNL's pings arent the greatest.where is the server? I'm getting 280ms to a singapore server ! I play Call of Duty2 online. With sify i get 70ms and MTNL is like 90-100ms.But ping of Sify to UK is 280ms or so.MTNL is 180ms.So out of all the three I prefer MTNL..Perhaps u can give the IP address and we can ping and post back.

Stay away from Tata Indicom if connectivity is going to come through your CTO. BSNL/MTNL/Airtel are better choices.

^^Dude, tata doesnt provide cable broadband. so no CTO comes into the picture... unless he decides to cut down the tataBB wires hanging next to his on the lampposts.. 😛

QUOTE(Vince @ May 31 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]52800[/snapback]
^^Dude, tata doesnt provide cable broadband. so no CTO comes into the picture
[/b]

I enquired about their services a fwe months back. And at least in Mumbai, thrir services are provided through CTO.

From their site:
1. How can I buy a Tata Indicom Broadband Renewal pack?
You can buy the Tata Indicom Broadband renewal pack from any of the following sources
* Your Local Cable Operator (Tata Indicom Channel Partner)
* By Placing an order at the Customer Service no. in your city
* By ordering online
[/b]

In some cities, they do provide DSL/ADSL connections over their OWN cables, so you will need to varify what kind of connection is being offered.

If CTO is involved eitehr in LAN cable or maintenance of ADSL cable, stay away from it.

My connection is thru lan.its called Metro Ethernet I think.Its down sometimes.yeah.not MTNL like reliable.but good speeds now.earlier weren't.I complained and nagged and nagged and now always 32kBps.but too expensive really.

@netfreak: ah.. yes, in some cities they do tie up with local operators to save themselves some hassle.. forgot about that.. thought you were from chennai..@muttster: opposite case fer me.. earlier NO downtimes and great speeds.. now downtimes once in a while.. and connection just closes out sometimes.. x-(

Hey guys ...can anyone explian whats CTO ?....im thinking of taking tat's 128kbps unlilmited connection......thank you .

CTO means the guy who provides you Cable TV. If the same guy is providing connectivity to Tata (to your house) then stay away from it.

Hey i found out that no CTO is involved in my city ...but i think tata has given rights to some 3rd party to lay out cables and all ,i called up some tata guy , he was asking me my address and landmark and said that they are 2 DMZ in my area, he was specificly asking for a landmark coz he wants to know whether my address falls within their feild....he was saying something ,to get the connection from the nearest etc ...i didnt understand that,i'll carify abt that tomm, he said he would call up tomm and let me know if my address falls within their .... and btw why should one avoid connection through CTO ? explain plz ...thank you.

Hey TAT guy called me up today and told me to check the distance from my house to the DMZ server near my area...which i did paitently and told him that its 1.8Km and he told me that my house does not come under the tata feild and said the max distance should be 1.5km from the DMZ server .. 🙁 ..now only other option in my area is BSNL ..checking home ULplan ......earlier i was using this connection called beamcable's 256kbps unlimited , private IP and he blocks all port and i used to get 600 B/sec for torrents on that 256kbps ...LOL ...crapy local ISP ...the one reason im happy for isthat ...all crapy ISP's will be dead with big companies getting into broadband ...hehe

freinds! I paid for 5 months and guess what ? I subscribed for 256 kbps connection and tata gave me not even a 50 kbps connection..And to add to it when I tried to register a complain with the tata people to get my problem sorted ..the customer care people sitting in hyderabad greeted me with verbal abuses..and the tata indicom broadband manager of kolkata disconnected the phone on my face..telling me that he is out of town...So remember if you land up in problem with some connection problems with tata indicom connection...Get ready for verbal abuses and some misbehaviours..in the site they say "Experience super- fast Internet from Tata Indicom Broadband. High – speed Tata Indicom Broadband is brought to you by VSNL – the people who introduced Internet in India. Avail of great offers on broadband installation charges, services and more. With a wide range of content from movies, music to business services, no matter what your Internet needs, Tata Indicom Broadband has value-for money tariff plans for you. " they must add this lines..You will also get some verbal abuses and misbehaviour as part of their customer service"Guess TATA is becoming a LEADING SERVICE PROVIDER!!!God help their customers

dude, you are stupid. You can drag them to court for deficiency of services. But before that you could've written a strong letter to the higher ups asking for redressal. If nothing happened then consumer court would've kicked their asses 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.