• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 12,174

Ryan

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Well it seems that almost every ISP is changing their packages. Here is the list for Hotwire in Delhi NCR. *i dunno what NCR is.ha*Hotwire Startup New- Unlimited hours/mb, Rs. 444, 48 kbps, unlimited data transferHotwire Ruby- Unlimited hours/mb, Rs. 666, 96 kbps, unlimited data transferHotwire Gold New- Unlimited hours/mb, Rs. 999, 128kbps, unlimited data transfer.They have other packages, but it's not unlimited. So if you guys have hotwire in your area, and want to get away from Sify, this is the ISP. I have to say, my experience with this ISP has been much much better than Sify. I never once had to call up CC for hotwire. Anyway, check it out.Ryan

Now this is good! I stayed away from hotiwire due to high price, but this is really nice 🙂 thanksEDIT - Do you have a link with the info? nothing is on their site ...

Their website is outdated. It's all obsolete tariffs and packages. by the way, the prices I mentioned were exclusive of the 10.5% tax. I do have a paper from my cable guy though. Hotwire is really good, they really offer a good service. I'm almost sure if you live in delhi, you will be able to get hotwire.

they s*ck in some areas, but when it comes down to internet speeds and offers, they are top notch. it remains as to what you want.

Originally posted by Ryan@Jan 19 2005, 10:13 AM
they s*ck in some areas,

Yes, exactly. Be careful when signing up for hotwire. The speeds might be good initially but then they keep adding on subscribers without increasing their overall bandwidth , that is when individual connections slow down to a crawl.

Another important factor to consider is the route that the cat5 cable will take to your premises. If you are living far away from the network centre there will a lot of hubs in between u and the gateway. If the hubs are hanging on trees then the natural elements like rain and wind will definitely affect them.

Upload speed in many hotwire plans is also a problem. I have the 64 kbps unltd plan which has an upload speed of 32 kbps. I usually get around 24-25 Kbps which affects voice chat programs for eg Skype doesnt work on my computer

Check with other people living near u and go for it only if they recommend it.

Oh I had hotwire for more than a 6 months, I haven't had any problems with it. Speed has remained constant, and no deterioation at all. It's a good ISP actually, they don't mess with your speed and actually return calls unlike sify cc. If you don't have Airtel, Hotwire is next in line for an ISP consideration 🙂.

Good u hv had a nice experience with them. I certainly havent.The point iam trying to make is that before we proclaim Hotwire to be a good ISP, we should let other users post their views here and then base our opinion on these posts.I have had hotwire for a year now. I had good connectivity initially. Connection was non-existent during the monsoon season. Then they had some virus problem etc. Plus, the connection is not very reliable it can go down anytime and if that happens to be sunday or public holiday the local cable operator doesnt attend the complaint inspite of the call centre registering it.Ryan,where do you reside and what is your gateway ip address?

Well then I guess it depends on where your live. I'm currently residing in south delhi, close to saket. if you know where that is. my gateway is 61.16.186.129. In the area where I live, the service is far far better than Sify. So that's why I'm giving it two thumbs up. Maybe elsewhere, it's not. I would @$$ume it depends on the cable guy that provides it, sort of like resellers.

75 meg limit is one part.....what if ur net is down for whole day and may be for 21 days as happened in my case......it wasnt sify....it was my cto...

well... it took me 6 months to fix my CTO. 😀 the next 6 months were ruined with pathetic speeds and awful packages. with airtel both are kinda acceptable.

Have Both Hotwire 64 unlimited and Airtel DSL 256 (1:2 contention ratio)Hotwire Pro's - UNLIMITED , good speed-average 8 kilobyte, good support (I live in NOIDA)Con's - Open wiring prone to breaks by trucks, monsoons, competetiors! not secure- zonealarm gives warning of various types of intrusion attempts. Tip for xp users-disable printer & file sharing, unbind netbios to tcpip, disable client for networks and install zonealarm.Have had no virus problem more than 1 yearAirtel Pro's - FAST, average 25 kilobyte (range 25 to 45), secure due to one to one connection with ISPCon's - EXPENSIVE - my plan at 1660 with monthly cap of 1.25 GB extra Rs. 1.4 per MB