40" FULL HD TV. Sony or Samsung? Under 55k

• Thread starter Thread starter dejan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2,411
Sony 40 Inch Smart, is y honest suggestion

Picture and sound quality is way better than Samsung.

if you are in NCR, gaffaar market can offer you the same at around 31k, you can buy external warranty at 2000-2500.

Upvote 0
i should have written 3rd party provided full coverage warranty.

Upvote 0
How can Sony be better? When samsung is world leader in panels?
There are good panels and there are crappy panels. I am sure Samsung has pricier models that use better quality panels. But if you are going to buy a cheaper TV (The mistake I did with Vu), you are likely getting a crappy panel no matter what the brand is.

Upvote 0
But I don't think Sony can provide better clear panels for same price

What people aren't getting is that they don't know the price of tv they saw in hotel

Upvote 0
the processor also matters a lot i guess. the actual hardware that tunes the image on the display. this is where Sony has a lot of experience with jargons like bravia and trinitron. but samsung i imagine should have the best technology in the display market though i suppose they might not be bringing in the top of the line products to india or they are super expensive and people tend to pick sony over samsung even today when they go for a premium television.

i actually have an acquaintance where the auntie is a die hard fan of sony and she got herself a shitty sony smartphone even though i recommended a much better model in the same price range. she was like, either an iPhone or a sony. i am not going to get any other brand. too bad the sony phone she purchased was pretty mediocre for the price she paid for it.

Upvote 0
Latest reports say that they are going to defocus on the Indian smartphone market. But I suppose a few models would still be sold which to be honest does not change much for them or the Indian consumer.

Upvote 0
see i was recently looking for a 32" led tv for my mom and did a lot of research (as usual with me😀), and one thing i came upon was that Samsung now a days in most lower and mid tier models do not even use their own panels and this is popularly know as "Samsung panel lottery", to check that u need to check the version no on the tv. TV Panel Lottery: Samsung vs AU Optronics vs Sharp Panels Compared
i earlier had a Sony 32" but its main PCB got damaged and the lack of spare part availability led me to buy a new tv and after all the research i bought a LG led tv.

Upvote 0
yes, and for me its either LG (coz they use their own ips panels😀) or Sony (for quality picture and build).
samsung usually in comparison has low specs when compared to lg and sony at same price.

Upvote 0