4 Mbps Connection giving 1 Mbps speed.

• Thread starter Thread starter Nick-D
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4,935

Nick-D

ISP
BSNL 1350 Speed Upto 4 Mbps.
Hi all,I had Home 500 and on 1st March i changed it to 1350 ULD connection and from the very same day the download speed is 1 Mbps instead of 4 Mbps. I have checked on speed test sites also and its the same. I am callin bsnl guys from last 7 days but they themself don't knw anything. I live in chandigarh. If anyone can help me out in this, i would really appreciate it. i have only used 3 Gb till now. Regards,Nitin

Please post Speedtest.net results from Indian Servers and your ADSL connection's statistics from your router page.

Ok Bob, here in chandigarh couple of people i knw are getting same speed as you but i am getting maximum 1 Mbps download speed. I don't know whats wrong and these Bsnl guys don't know anything. Its been 7 days and they r just sayin "kar rahe hain, kar rahein hain".. its frustrating.

Go to your modem's page: Generally 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1Enter the username and password. Don't know about Teracom but its generally the same for all modems.Go to Device info-->Statistic-->ADSL. And post the screenshot.Correct me if I am wrong...

@Mukul Here is the screenshot. hope its the right one.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/99644081.jpg/

----------

@ x720

tracert Google ... it says request timed out

Ah, awesome line stats 😀Your downstream sync rate is 2045kbps, that's why you aren't getting 4mbps.Have they changed your plan?

Yes the plan is changed and the bsnl guys told me that i should get 4 Mbps but its nowhere 4 Mbps.

Your line stats are perrrfffeecctt! As x720 said, the problem is your downstream rate. Even I had this problem when I changed my plan to 4Mbps. Airtel CC said my plan had been changed but I kept getting 2Mbps. Then I asked the engineer to come and check. He checked the line stats and told that he'll get the line rate fixed. And I started getting 4Mbps that day itself.

@ x720 yeah not even a single ping goes through. But bsnl has changed the downstream rate to 4189 KBPS ... I think the filling of that form worked. Thank You x720 and Mukul.