• Thread starter Thread starter wecaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 21,107

wecaz

Traveller
ISP
Airtel Broadband
Guys,Has anyone tried making/receiving video call using 3G USB modem?Can someone please explain the setup?P.S.: I have Huawei UMG1831 which supports Video call but not voice call.

Just use Skype.

Just use Skype.

How will the user pay for the video call...by "skype account credit" or by "3G Telecom connection account credit"?

Skype to Skype calls are free, just make sure to keep a check on the amount of data transferred.

Skype to Skype calls are free, just make sure to keep a check on the amount of data transferred.

I am sorry, my question is wrongly understood.

Let me explain the scenario, I have a 3G Mobile Broadband connection. My telecom operator MTNL has a defined tariff for video call. I can use my 3G enabled mobile phone to 'video call' my friend's 3G enabled mobile phone by paying charges for MTNL video call.

In second scenario, I am using my MTNL 3G sim in a 3G data card(Huawei UMG1831) which is connected to my laptop. Now the question is how can I make/receive a video call from my laptop to/from my friend's 3G enabled mobile phone?

I guess you'd have to buy Skype Credit for that. I mainly use Skype for video calling form my Laptop to my friend's, though I've never tried Laptop to Cell phone (video)calling. 🙂

I am looking for an app/dashboard to make 3G video calls on operator defined tariff.

mobile connect is the software u need

I am not able to find the provision for a video call in Mobile connect. Can you please guide me how to make a video call? What additional configuration is required?

I found the way to make video call using Mobile Connect dashboard. Earlier 'video call' option was disabled. I found out that this option is enabled only when Data connection is disconnected. Today I used it 🙂 But I got a blue screen on my win 7 as well once 😀

i am happy u finally made it work...video calling have advantages and disadvantages! 😉