3G trial extended

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 7,155
All the Delhi people trying to activate Vodafone 3G, bear in mind, they have the shittest service in Delhi/Regions all you can get is 0.8-1.8mbps.

were they last to launch the same over there too ???

All the Delhi people trying to activate Vodafone 3G, bear in mind, they have the shittest service in Delhi/Regions all you can get is 0.8-1.8mbps.

ya even the network is crap in delhi !!

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

btw on sending ACT 3G on 144. Vodafone send a message back hello please send the valid keyword :rofl:

Yeah, we have to type bow bow, so as to make them understand what we are looking for, as you know, bow bow, language of dogs.

For postpaid its 111 while for prepaid its 144
So if you're on prepaid then SMS ACT 3G to 144.

i sent SMS to 111 as well as 144... in both the case i got a reply that my request is accepted and they will respond in 72hrs.. something like that.

but nothing happened!

i sent SMS to 111 as well as 144... in both the case i got a reply that my request is accepted and they will respond in 72hrs.. something like that.

but nothing happened!

I got a reply soon though that its activated now...

You have to change your network mode to UMTS by going into the phone settings.

You won't get any 3G signal unless you send an activation request.
SMS ‘ACT 3G’ to 111 for 3G activation.
arre yr I am talking about my home.:readtherules: and I reside in north delhi.
Btw, I am getting signals in my office which belongs to west delhi. Vodafone still havent covered full delhi. Way to go voda:thumb:

Even if you are in the coverage area, your phone won't pick up Vodafone 3G spectrum unless you have sent an activation message.So, it doesn't matter which area you are in, wait for the SMS confirmation, if you are not getting a confirmation, that means either your area is still not covered or your request is queued.

My experience has been somewhat different. I never sent a message to Vodafone to activate 3G. In fact I actively did not want to try it lest I get used to it, considering that the fact they were going to come with terrible plans was a known. But somehow I started noticing most of the time my android phone was showing a "H" icon and not an "E" icon as usually by Rs. 98 for 2GB plan would give me. The speeds are also much better, though I haven't tried a speed test. I didn't change any settings, I didn't send or receive any SMS. I don't know what that means.

No.. Just showing H doesn't mean 3G is activated .. It does mean tht 3G is available but it doesn't mean tht u can use tht service..Once has to subscribe to use tht service..