3G modem not working with Windows 8

• Thread starter Thread starter Dastan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 19,718

Dastan

ISP
BSNL 3G
Hi friends, I am facing problem in using bsnl 3G modem with windows 8 because it's software which we use to connect is unable to detect the device!!!! Plz give me solution for it......

Hi friends,
I am facing problem in using bsnl 3G modem with windows 8 because it's software which we use to connect is unable to detect the device!!!! Plz give me solution for it......

have you tried vcell 3g,try terracom drivers(try any terracom modem for latest drivers,bcz old doesnot support ) for windows 8,then try dailup method,*99#,apn.,it should work

also try this install vcell in windows 7,...u will get a vcell dir program files,....check resources....drivers,...copy whole folder and install them in win8,then dail up,...*99#,apn,....i have checked vcell once but it didnot work,i mean idid not install,....so this driver copy and dailup may work....

k little more time for u dude
here is the process,...respond to this even it doesnot work dude, driver link from vcell software(i will bridge modem and win8 for sure),then dail up..,:

driver.rar

then

Go to Control Panel > Select Phone & Modems > Select the Required Modem (e.g. HSPA DataCard.) > Go to Properties of
that Modem > Select Advance TAB & insert Extra Initialization Command (AT+CGDCONT=1, "IP", "APN"). Press OK. (Replace
the "APN" with your new Sim Card Mobile Operator's APN). You can find more information on this below.

Now Select Network Connections in Control Panel.
Click on "Create new Network".
A wizard will start up. Click next.
Select "Connect to Internet". Click next.
Select "Set up my connection manually". Click next.
Select "Connect using a Dial-up Modem". Click next.
Select Your Modem. Click next.
ISP Name: (Any name could be written). Click next.
Phone Number: *99#. Click next.
Replace the "*99#" with your Mobile Operator Phone Number. You can find this information below.
Leave User Name, Password, and Confirm Password fields blank. Click next.
Click on "Add a shortcut to Desktop". Click on Finish.

Hi friends,
I am facing problem in using bsnl 3G modem with windows 8 because it's software which we use to connect is unable to detect the device!!!! Plz give me solution for it......

try this: drivers link and dail up:

driver.rar

Go to Control Panel > Select Phone & Modems > Select the Required Modem (e.g. HSPA DataCard.) > Go to Properties of
that Modem > Select Advance TAB & insert Extra Initialization Command (AT+CGDCONT=1, "IP", "APN"). Press OK. (Replace
the "APN" with your new Sim Card Mobile Operator's APN). You can find more information on this below.

Now Select Network Connections in Control Panel.
Click on "Create new Network".
A wizard will start up. Click next.
Select "Connect to Internet". Click next.
Select "Set up my connection manually". Click next.
Select "Connect using a Dial-up Modem". Click next.
Select Your Modem. Click next.
ISP Name: (Any name could be written). Click next.
Phone Number: *99#. Click next.
Replace the "*99#" with your Mobile Operator Phone Number. You can find this information below.
Leave User Name, Password, and Confirm Password fields blank. Click next.
Click on "Add a shortcut to Desktop". Click on Finish.

Disconnect the data card and replace the BSNL/MTNL SIM Card with the mobile operator's SIM Card of which you entered
the APN before.
Connect the data card again and wait for the green light to glow.
Now you can connect to the internet by double clicking the shortcut of the new dial-up connection we made.

Heres a Simple Solution....!!1)Close your Modem application2)Uninstall the Modem drivers if installed from DEvice Manager3)Now insert your Datacard4)Let windows install the drivers5)Then start your Modem application..wait for sometime..Then close it again..i mean like exit..not close it to tray...!!6)Go to Device Manager and Uninstall the Drivers of your Modem7)Now start your Modem application and you should be good to go..!!